Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Limited cvt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, can someone know how to disable the stability control systems in the 2014 ? I want to play in the snow :biggrin: i have remove the traction control but impossible to make some drift ...

·
Registered
2015 WRX Base 6MT
90 Posts
Only solution I have heard of is to pull the ABS fuse in the engine compartment. Personally, I wish someone could make the VDC off button work as advertised. :evilatyou:

·
Premium Member
'19 Forester LTD CVT
3,248 Posts
If you are so inclined, you can wire your own switch to flip when you want to disable ABS. It is very easy to do so.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Limited CVT
6 Posts
Exactly my issue as well. I want to do donuts on a frozen lake but the VDC seems undefeatable. I tried pulling the 30A ABS fuse but I lose Power Steering, it throws a CEL and rev limits the engine. It also gave me emissions and hill assist reset alarms and transmission stuck in (S) mode when I put the fuse back in. They went away, thankfully, after a while so I did not have to bring it in to the dealer.

Have not found a way to turn of VDC completely so far...

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
Yea the car fights the snow pretty good, It was almost impossible to get it to go sideways at times =(

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Limited cvt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate my forester now because of that... I hope Cobb will resolve this issue whit a new flash :biggrin:

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium 6M
106 Posts
Exactly my issue as well. I want to do donuts on a frozen lake but the VDC seems undefeatable. I tried pulling the 30A ABS fuse but I lose Power Steering, it throws a CEL and rev limits the engine. It also gave me emissions and hill assist reset alarms and transmission stuck in (S) mode when I put the fuse back in. They went away, thankfully, after a while so I did not have to bring it in to the dealer.

Have not found a way to turn of VDC completely so far...
It sounds like you pulled the "Break everything in the car when removed" fuse instead of the ABS fuse.

·
Registered
2014 Limited CVT
12 Posts
My old jeep had the same issue...the VDC off button did not really turn it all the way off. But if you held the button down for 10 seconds or so it would completely disable it. I will try on the Subie later today.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
Instagram

I was playing around I think s# did help kick the rear out more not to mention the gear stayed between 1-2 when playing in the snow. The only issue was the car would kick its self out when your turned the wheel too much or not accelerate.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101498389058268&set=vb.15712800&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101499586518548&set=vb.15712800&type=3&theater

oddly if you went in reverse but I wouldn't suggest it for too long. It doesn't kick in as much.

I did get a AT Oil temp light so yeah =( poor car lol...

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Limited CVT
6 Posts
CrazyAzn, I am so jealous of that exhaust sound. I'm hoping the ice is thick enough to drive on this weekend. Fishing, beers and some tchoo tchoo turbo donuts. Can't beat that...

It sounds like you pulled the "Break everything in the car when removed" fuse instead of the ABS fuse.
Try it you'll see. :huh:

·
Registered
2015 Forester Prem 6M
23 Posts
New to the forum.. been reading and have yet to find a tried and tested solution that disables VDC completely... I have read either pulling fuse #33 inside the car causes issues. I saw on the Crosstrek forums that pulling the 5th from the bottom 7.5 fuse on the vertical fuse panel inside is the best solution, does this work as well on the forester? It appears to be a different fuse on the Forester. Anyone figure this out? Winter is coming and hoping to find a solution.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
I would not do that some members have done it and the car has got lights all over and stuck to limp mode.

One or two guys said lucky they were able to get it out of limp mode.

best bet is don't let the steering turn too much and abs won't ever activate.

Abs activate due to the tilt in steering angle.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Prem 6M
23 Posts
I would not do that some members have done it and the car has got lights all over and stuck to limp mode.

One or two guys said lucky they were able to get it out of limp mode.

best bet is don't let the steering turn too much and abs won't ever activate.

Abs activate due to the tilt in steering angle.
Thanks for the insight... sounds like it is difficult to get big brother to look the other way. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts