Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,751 Posts
Backprobe the connector and check the voltage at various throttle positions (find details in the repair manual). Adjustments are made by loosening the two small screws holding the TPS to the throttle body and rotating it until you get within the specified range (or you realize TPS if gone, or the problem is somewhere else); tighten the screws back when done.

·
Registered
02 LOB
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at a couple of manuals. One looks like its a subaru dealer only adjustment. the other talks about a feeler gauge and voltage measurements. I was just looking for some insight before I buy a new or used TPS.

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,751 Posts
I've looked at a couple of manuals. One looks like its a subaru dealer only adjustment. the other talks about a feeler gauge and voltage measurements. I was just looking for some insight before I buy a new or used TPS.
It's not "dealer only", and all you need is a small wrench (m.b. even a screwdriver, I don't remember) and a digital voltmeter/multimeter. Do you DIY? If so, get a manual (techinfo.subaru.com, alldatadiy.com, local autoparts store, P2P), and do it. If you have doubts, get it to a dealership and pay, pay, pay to get it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts