Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Discount Tire use the programmable Schrader EZ-sensor?

I’m going to by a winter set of tires and wheels, and from what I’ve read you can use the Schrader EZ-sensor to clone the 4 sensors I have in my 2010 Forester. And then when I change from 3 season to winter tires (or vise versa) my TPMS in the Forester will work just fine.

So, I need to know who sells these sensors, and who will install them and program them for the winter tires.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
^
The Schrader EZ-Sensor is making some noise in our industry right now.

We do not carry this particular sensor package at this time but your local Discount Tire should be able to order it in for you.

According to my information, our current TPMS scanners/programmers can handle the EZ.

-Matt

·
Registered
152 Posts
^
The Schrader EZ-Sensor is making some noise in our industry right now.

We do not carry this particular sensor package at this time but your local Discount Tire should be able to order it in for you.

According to my information, our current TPMS scanners/programmers can handle the EZ.

-Matt
Do you carry any programmable sensors in stock? Your nearest stores to me are in Ohio. Fair haul from WV, so I'd like to do a "one-stop shopping" kinda deal. But I'll probably run the originals (16" Duelers) for awhile. I'm thinking I'd like to end up with snows on my stock wheels and something a little nicer of some new 17s.

It's hard to get my head around buying wheels and rims over the 'net. I like to be able to smell before I buy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
so just to clarify, the ez-sensor can be programmed with the same id code as the senors already in the car, so you can swap back and forth and never reprogram the ecu. If that's the case i may just have to pick up a set.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just got my General Altimax Arctics yesterday. I'm going to suggest Jimmy John's get all their tires from you, because the shipping was freaky fast. Now I need to get them to the dealer to get the sensors registered, and once they're on, I'm sure this winter will be snow free. They're sitting in my bedroom at the moment and smell just like tires bought in a brick-and-mortar, so that worry is over. But now I'm wondering: would it be possible to buy multiple sets of TPMS sensors all with the same codes? Like the way Lowe's sells locksets all keyed alike. Seems like that could be a little cheaper than buying programmable sensors.

If not, can you recommend a good tool for do it yourselfers? I was looking at one from ATEQ, but it looks like it only stores two codes. Ultimately, I'd like to end up with a set of snow tires, a set of off-road tires, and a set of 3-seasons I could swap out myself.

And if you could arrange for 1-2 decent snow storms this year, that'd be nice, too.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
nursemike, glad to hear your got your tires wicked fast.

If you want 3 sets of sensors with the same ID's (per corner) you'll have to use a programmable sensor and clone/copy two of the sets off the original TPMS sensors. Like noted above, we sell the EZ-sensor which is programmable but you do need a diagnostic scan tool to be able to clone them. We use Bartech's Tech400 for this but I believe ATEQ's VT56 can as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price and availability

Resurrecting an old thread. Possible to get an update on price and availability of the Schrader EZ-sensor? Wanting to clone my factory set for Winter wheel setup. Can Cloning be done in store during installation? 2015 forester touring model.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread. Possible to get an update on price and availability of the Schrader EZ-sensor? Wanting to clone my factory set for Winter wheel setup. Can Cloning be done in store during installation? 2015 forester touring model.
Hi, JoshiaC-

You'll need to check with the local Discount Tire store for in-store availability and pricing, here's the link to the store locator:

Store Locator | Discount Tire

I know Discount Tire Direct has them available, current cost is $50.00 per sensor with FREE delivery. Cloning can be done in store during installation :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts