Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the VXDAS Ultimate EL-50448 TPMS sensor reset tool from Amazon. The manufacturer claims that this model will reset the TPMS sensors on Subarus in addition to other vehicles. I contacted the manufacturer directly who says it will work on a 2009 Forester. So far, I have not been able to get this tool to reset the sensors. In the instructions that came with the device, it says to first put the vehicle in learn mode, then to proceed with scanning each sensor (see screenshots of manual).

I've reached out again to the manufacturer telling them that I can't get it to do the reset and asked about the learn mode for Subarus. They don't seem able to answer how to put a Subaru in learn mode if it's even possible. They offered to either send me another tool in case the first one is defective or to process a full refund.

Is there really a learn mode for the 2009 Forester? If so, how do I enable it? My model has no "driver information center" as the manual for the tool suggests to access the options for enabling the learn mode (although there must be other non-Subaru vehicles that do have those options on the dash). I did try doing the relearn with the key in the ON position (engine off).

Many thanks for your help and insight. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a new owner of a 2009 XT, and have been researching this as my car has the TPMS light on. I do not believe there is a menu-based relearn procedure for our 2009 model. From my understanding, a tool must be attached to the ODB-II connector to reprogram the ECM with new tire sensor information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts