Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Limited CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a slow flat, TPMS warning light came on. Replaced tire, but warning light is still on. Does it have to be reset or will it eventually go out? Thanks.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Premium X AT
1,000 Posts
Should turn off automatically as long as the tire is inflated and they didn't damage the sensor on the wheel in the process of removing/replacing the tire. if they damaged the sensor and replaced it, then you would need to reset the system with the special unit.

·
Registered
2016 Ford RS & 2019 Subaru Descent
1,349 Posts
Not to be 'that guy', but did you check the tire pressure in all 4 tires? Maybe another tire is low.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
801 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think in CA they are required to replace the TPMS in the tire when they replace it.... Or I dont know if they just recommend it.

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Premium & Base CVT
267 Posts
I bought a full size spare for my 14 Foz.

Ran it for a 25 mile hwy test run to make sure all is OK in case I actually need it one day.

Took about 5 minutes and 5 miles for my TPMS to light up or for the system to notice that I replaced my tire with a spare that has no sensor.

During the return trip, after putting the OEM tire/ rim with the system back on, I was stuck at a traffic light before entering the hwy and the light went off with almost no driving.

It seems to me that the system scans every few minutes and that driving miles are unrelated.

The point, once the tire/ rim with the sensor are replaced with the correct air pressure, the TPMS light should go off without having to see a dealer.

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
Two things make the light come on - Under-pressure and Over-pressure. I think the numbers are 24psi and 50 psi respectively.

As someone suggested, check the pressures. 32psi front and 30 psi rear - I Think.

If they are set to manufacture specifications, take it back and have them check it out as they may have damaged the sensor and not realized it or didn't care.

It's too new for a dead battery.

As I recall it, the sensors started working at about 15mph. The check every 30 secs and report to the receiver about every 1 minute. When not rotating for 15 minutes or so, they go into a sleep mode. When you start driving again the cycle begins again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts