Registered
2016 Subaru Auto AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Forester.
TPMS alert comes on - constant
All tires cold
I check all pressures carefully. 3 are 30 - one is 35
Subaru dealership says the TPMS alert will only come on for LOW pressure,not HIGH pressure.
I balance all 4 to 32 psi
Now the alert blinks when I start it up and stays on constant when i drive
Can I fix this without going to a dealership?
John N

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X RWD JDM 6mt
454 Posts
One of the sensors is most likely dead (so the car thinks its 0 psi)
Any local tire shop should be able to read the sensors to determine which one is dead.
Subaru OEM TPMS aren't too expensive.
Aftermarket TPMS work well, I think last time I needed one I got an aftermarket for like $12.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Auto
3 Posts
Air them all to 35 psi and see what happens. Your sensor batteries should not be failing yet, but they may be.

Kevin

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,897 Posts
@[LEFT][B][SIZE=16px][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=rgb(0, 95, 217)]johnneglia1943[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]
If you bought the Forester new, you should still be under warranty and the sensors would be covered...
I guess that must not be the case.
The flashing TPMS light means there is a "problem", not an indication of what the problem is.
Unfortunately it's one that won't show up under the typical recorded problems because it is a separate system.
It could be a bad sensor/bad sensor battery or it could be the TPMS itself.
I'm thinking that I read somewhere your model year had an issue with TPMS getting corroded due to a bad design that allowed water to cause that problem.
If the sensors check out (good recommendation above) you may want to search the forum further.
You may have a component that needs replacing beyond the tire sensors. Or not.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts