Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just purchased a new MY10 Fozzie X in Australia & have a question about towing points.

Manual shows screw in towing pin in the toolkit - threaded rod with ring on end. This is meant to screw in rear (LH side) or front (RH side). The screw connection is behind a small plastic cover in the bumper.

Problem : there is no screw in point at the rear. The one at the front is fine, but at the back there is just chassis and a couple of bolts.

Is this standard? Has anyone else in Australia looked?

thanks

David

·
Registered
2009 Forester
34 Posts
I made myself one of these, that goes straight into the Hayman Reese hitch receiver

**I tried to put the link, but it said I don't have enouhg posts yet. Google it and you'll see one**

I haven't even seen the ones in the front.........how strong are they? Could you be snatched out of a bog with them?

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
the rear mounting is in the "crush-can" section of the rear bumper beam, rather than the chassis itself. A fitted tow-hitch would replace this item.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trainman et al.,

That is exactly what I expect & that is what is at the front. There is nothing under the cover at the back, however. Guess I need to go back to Eblen Subaru and get them to check it. It looks as though it is part of the chassis from those pics, so it seems unlikley it could be removed.

thanks

David

·
Registered
13 Liberty GT wagon AT
436 Posts
Do you have a towbar?

The crush-can/crash panel behind the bumper panel would be removed if you had a towbar fitted - the towing hitch normally screws into it as shown above.

Do you have a tow bar? If so, that's why it would be missing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Muzza. An obvious answer. I had an Allin Towbar fitted in Adelaide. Fitting looks the goods, but I have seldom met a less communicative bunch!

David

·
Registered
2009 Forester
34 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the strength of the tow point on the front? Would it be any good for snatching?

I noticed that just under where the hook screws in there is what looks like a hook poking out from under the bumper. Anyone know if this is any good for towing or snatching?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts