Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front-Plated origonal tie town hooks with 3/4 D ring shackles
Rear-Welded on loop with 3/4 D ring shackle

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Mikey likey!

Done plenty of pulling up front with the recovery point, no bumper damage on my SG. Pulled from tow hitch in rear, also no bumper damage. I just tend to run into trees... and rocks... and ditches... now those damage my bumpers! :lol:

·
Registered
07 XT
70 Posts
Just be careful. Anyone pulling you out of a ditch using those locations will likely damage your bumper.
Any better suggestions for front tow/recovery points? I can't think of any...

On the rear, I reckon the hitch receiver is a good option...

Cheers!

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The front points work quite well. I've used them to pull a number of other people out. I wish the rear points didn't get removed when installing a hitch, they've come in handy a number of times. I'd like to get a class 3 hitch with a Dshackle receiver.

Just be careful and try to get as straight a pull as possible. If you're stuck in mud, the force on the car is pretty high and if pulling at an angle can twist the car a bit. Also try not to jerk the car, we were pulling a kid out of the mud, and the guy pulling allowed too much slack in the line. The blazer jumped up about a foot out of the hole it had dug itself into, and one of the rear leaf packs completely shattered.

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,784 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Holy 24" rims on your mower batman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts