Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 DSXN Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I'm looking to get a removable tow bar fitted to my 2009 diesel forester. I think I've narrowed it down to either a UK Witter or a Thule (Brink) type. I want it to be as invisible as possible when the neck or towball bit is removed. I have searched for pictures of both types but can not find any (with or without the neck fitted). The fitting instructions for both do not show any rear pictures either.

Does anybody have either tow bar fitted and would you be able to post a picture of the rear with the neck removed please?

Have I overlooked any other 'better' tow bars?

TIA,

Steve

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
966 Posts
I had mine fitted by the dealer, it's from the Subaru accessories catalogue and is made by MonoFlex (now part of WestFalia). I'll post some pics in due course so you can see how well hidden it is.

Welcome TruckTastic, another Diesel :woohoo:

·
Registered
2012 DSXN Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks R5OSS,

That's great. It looks like a small cut of the bumper to allow the electric socket to swing down - is that correct?

It certainly looks like what I am after - well hidden.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
966 Posts
Mine has been 'adjusted' by 30mm-ish to raise the ball height to circa 450mm so that it matches our caravan hitch. As a consequence it required more of the bumper to be cut, but even before it was very well hidden.

I've had to put a 90deg elbow on the back of the 13pin Euro socket to protect the cables when it is swung up/down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts