Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fan in my wife's '19 goes wild. We take the system off 'Full Auto' but it always says 'Auto' on the display. The fan speed keeps changing all the time. I just want cold air blowing at a low speed, but that is not an option. It seems to get the fan to blow slowly you have to turn the temp way up. I thought it might work to just turn the temp to "Lo" and turn the fan down, but no dice.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Toruring model here. I have climate control set to mild. When turning the fan speed control knob to set desired speed the system display changes from "Full Auto" to "Auto". I assume this is because it's still regulating temperature. The fan speed stays at whatever speed I set until the Auto button is pressed. I have not witnessed the issue you've described. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Sport's AC was all kinds of whackadoodle until a faulty sensor switch was replaced.
FWIW, several folks at two different dealerships advised me to not ever use "full auto" because its sensors are placed in an area that makes it difficult for them (the sensors) to decide proper temp and all that. Try avoiding "full auto" for a while and see if it helps. Apparently this sensor issue isn't particular to Subaru only, so they said.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Sport's AC was all kinds of whackadoodle until a faulty sensor switch was replaced.
FWIW, several folks at two different dealerships advised me to not ever use "full auto" because its sensors are placed in an area that makes it difficult for them (the sensors) to decide proper temp and all that. Try avoiding "full auto" for a while and see if it helps. Apparently this sensor issue isn't particular to Subaru only, so they said.
We actually never use full auto. But the fan does go crazy. Was there a TSB on that sensor, or do you have more specific info so we can suggest it to the dealer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a TBS on a sensor, which was replaced the first time I brought my car in. That did not fix the problem. I had to leave the car for them to drive around until the ac failed, then they found the defective sensor switch which solved the issues. IDK if the second one was a TBS or something under warranty but it was repaired at no cost to me. The whole rigamarole was frustrating because for several visits the ac was fine for them but went wonky on my trip home, until they kept it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
blackpants
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing