Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched awhile and could not find an answer for this. I have 2 '98 Foresters, 5 speed manuals. I got a split in the end tank of the radiator on the inner driver side. I ordered a new one online and received it today. I was furious when I took it out of the box because I think they sent the wrong one. The one they sent has top and bottom tanks and nothing else is the same either. The fan housings will not attach, the filler neck is at the opposite end, the drain plug is in a different location etc. I googled 98 Forester radiator and checked images and every image I see is of the type that they sent. Both of my cars have end tank radiators. What is the story here? Thanks

·
Registered
98 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I tried to post earlier but just could not log in.
The 2 diagrams are very similar to mine but still not exact. The lower hose connection on mine is slanted downward at 20 degrees or so and I do not have the 2 small hose connections on the end tank.
Also last night I was very tired when I posted and got the location of the crack wrong. It is on the front side by the filler neck...just like my other 98 Forester.
Since I had it out I cleaned it up, roughened the surface and put a coat of JB Weld on it. I let that cure for 6 hours and put a second coat on. Put it all back together today and test drove it and so far, so good. Will be returning the new radiator to the seller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts