Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Limited cvt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my new member introduction. About 2 weeks ago I was driving to work at about 5 AM. At 60 MPH I blacked out-seems I have developed an arrhythmia. My Forester veered right crossing 2 lanes and left the highway. It then travelled about 100 feet down a 15 foot embankment through trees and bushes before coming to rest on a log near the edge of Sinclair Inlet near Gorst, Wa.. I regained consciousness maybe 30 seconds to a minute later. Amazingly enough other than the cardiac issue I didn't have a scratch on me. The right A-pillar had some damage and several panels were dented. I found out later that there was pretty extensive damage underneath and that along with the A-pillar resulted in the car being unrepairable.
Due to the fact that the arrhythmia could cause me to blackout at any time, I'm not able to drive for now. Once I get that problem taken care of I'll be buying a 2019 Forester Limited.

Rob

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,342 Posts
That's a helluva way to have to buy a new car. Glad to hear you are otherwise OK.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
Wow, it sounds like you were extremely fortunate! Things can be replaced. Good luck dealing with the ticker. Sending good energy to you.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,937 Posts
Wow, glad you're alright, and the Forester did her job. Also, welcome to the boards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts