Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello World!

I just bought my first new car and its a 2010 Subaru Forester X with four speed auto. I test drove the Nissan Rogue and Honda CRV and they didn't compare to the smooth ride, rugged look, and sweet interior of the Forester.

I tried to get the dealer to to give me a ridiculous price on an 09 XT but they would go for it so I had to settle for the standard X. I've never really been into cars, but I want to learn, and I joined this forum to get some advice on how to improve the performance of my ride to near turbo specs without voiding the warranty. Though, if it comes down to it, I might tune/flash the ECU or install a performance chip.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your new Forester purchase! Post up a picture so the forum members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
There are a couple things you can do to the X model to try and squeeze some more power out of them without boosting it, but some of them may seem like a waste. A shop that's local for me has some decent parts that could work to your benefit:
Group A Subaru Performance Products - Friends don't let Friends drive stock
Some bolt on goodies will surely help, but you may find some parts will require a more custom touch to fit best.

Otherwise there are some more serious N/A engines kicking around places like NASIOC, but they've gone with some more involved builds which would not work well with warranties...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts