Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that there are plenty of great resources on this site, but I find them insufficient for me and my lack of technical know-how. I think I'm handy enough to do a subwoofer install, but I'll need more detailed instruction than what's on here already.

My first issue: What audio hardware should I purchase?
I already have an aftermarket headunit and two front speakers, but everything else is stock. Can anybody point me in the right direction for figuring out what other kind of audio hardware I'll need? Or better yet, can someone chime in and give me suggestions?

My current setup includes a Sony CDX-GT420U and 2-way, 45watt (RMS) Blaupunkt speakers. I'm thinking I'd like to add another set of Blaupunkt speakers to the rear, then help power them with an amplifier. But what kind of amplifier would I need to get? Also, considering I want to add a subwoofer, would that change the amp I need?

As far as the subwoofer goes, what electronic hardware do I need to purchase? I know I'll need wiring, but what gauge and how long should it be? What other wiring should I get for the amp and subwoofer?

Any good links to resources, or advice posted up here, would be tremendously helpful. I've never done something like this before, but I'm sure I can figure it out with your help! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2017 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,450 Posts
Wow.. interesting approach. With very little technical know how you shot ALL the resources here.

I suggest you start with a comprehensive search with "KEYWORDS" denoting what you are looking for.

Start there.... It's just a suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,731 Posts
If you don't have a subwoofer, you're missing out! I assume you have the factory tweeters? :confused:

As to a subwoofer, I'd recommend this. It fits nicely under the passenger seat. With the Sony head unit you already have, it should be a piece of cake to install. :wink: There's more audio poop on my Member Journal. :smile:

Bobby...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts