Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't mind hearing from owners in & around the Toronto, Ontario area (G.T.A.) on what Subi dealers you like & dislike. I'd appreciate the feedback (I have either Markham Subaru or Richmond Hill Subaru on my short list). :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Independent mechanics in the GTA

I would like to find a mechanic or a shop(non-dealer) that deals with Subarus in the GTA area, specifically in the north end (Markham, Richmond Hill, Newmarket). Does anybody have any suggestions? My Forester is out of warranty and I would like to find a reliable shop.

·
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Farazc said:
I would like to find a mechanic or a shop(non-dealer) that deals with Subarus in the GTA area, specifically in the north end (Markham, Richmond Hill, Newmarket). Does anybody have any suggestions? My Forester is out of warranty and I would like to find a reliable shop.
Actually Markham Subaru's prices are very reasonable for certain maintenance items.

I deal with an independent shop in Scarborough (Kennedy & Lawrance) my Dad has been dealing with them for 41 years now......myself the last 14. They do both import & domestic vehicles. :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
I have never dealt with Markham Subaru, but I have bought/sold parts from/to Ming from Markham Subaru, and he is a stand up guy. He works in the parts dept.

I use Barrie Subaru and would recommend them. I have bought 3 Subarus there, so I am treated well.

·
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slatts said:
I have never dealt with Markham Subaru, but I have bought/sold parts from/to Ming from Markham Subaru, and he is a stand up guy. He works in the parts dept.

I use Barrie Subaru and would recommend them. I have bought 3 Subarus there, so I am treated well.
I've dealt with Ming before too......no question he's a nice guy.

My wife & I did not have a pleasant experience at Barrie Subaru when we were shopping for my wife's Forester.....can't remember the sales guy's name (it was an odd name that I remember) totally lied to us to get us to drive down from Toronto to see a red 03 FXS.......the car was at the dealer for 4 days before we came down & the thing was damaged, dinged & an absolute pigstie......inside (not even vaccumed or sent out for clean up in 4 days....no mechanical work done either as that car needed a serious brake job, among other things). :shock: They did not leave a good first impression on us......& I doubt will ever consider them again for a used car.

We ended up purchasing our Forester at Gemini Subaru in Kitchener & they treated us just fantastic......I will buy from them in a heartbeat & will call them when the time comes to replace my Lexus. :D

F

·
0 Posts
Only GTA one I have dealt with so far is the Markham one...I suspect they are not all that busy due to their location...they are off the beaten path....they should have located their dealership either along Kennedy/7 area as there are a wack of dealerships along there....as far as Markham is concerned....I can't put my finger on it :think: but they come across as slimey...so dunno if I trust them.

Car dealers>>>>:tempertantrum

·
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
foxx said:
Only GTA one I have dealt with so far is the Markham one...I suspect they are not all that busy due to their location...they are off the beaten path....they should have located their dealership either along Kennedy/7 area as there are a wack of dealerships along there....as far as Markham is concerned....I can't put my finger on it :think: but they come across as slimey...so dunno if I trust them.

Car dealers>>>>:tempertantrum
Did you get a quote from Scarboro Subaru? Same owners, but I don't like their location.

My guess is land was cheaper for the location they have in Markham considering it's near an industrial area. ;-)

F

·
0 Posts
I got a quote from the Scarberia one...the Markham....I said $30K all in...so he is probably going to tell me to get stuffed:spinnasmiley ...but can't blame a scottish lad for trying to get something cheap as we are tight:spinnasmiley good to know they are basically the same company...I should play them off against each other :spinnasmiley

Car dealers>>>>>:tempertantrum

·
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got another dealer you might want to try....but it's about an hour out of town & yes it's an Ontario dealer. ;-) :lol: :poke:

F

·
0 Posts
Which dealer is it:?: ......from what I've read on here....kitchener subie seems half decent....question is, if I drove all the way there would they cut a deal or just quote me this MRSP bs:tempertantrum

F

·
0 Posts
Thx; how much would he save me vs this mrsp that every other dealer is trying to stick to me.....

·
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
foxx said:
Thx; how much would he save me vs this mrsp that every other dealer is trying to stick to me.....
Well I know I have already saved you a bunch by refering you to him & Gemini Motors in general.....you have to tell him that I sent you there however......he know's to make it worth your while (I just spoke with him yesterday as a matter of fact for a Subi I am looking for).

Call him early next week to discuss.....they are a different kind of dealer to deal with....not like the shisters found at many Toronto 'Stealerships' :spinnasmiley :cool:

F

·
0 Posts
Thx; will think about it...I aint in a rush and may just keep my current jalopy.....

·
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
foxx said:
Thx; will think about it...I aint in a rush and may just keep my current jalopy.....
Keep us posted. :cool:

A

·
0 Posts
I've bought mine at Willowdale Subaru. It was not bad experience. I was not in the rush because was looking for insurance at that moment so about 1 week of waiting time for my car to come was OK for me. They got it a bit dusty but cleaned everything nicely when I picked it up.
Also I had 48K service done at the same location and I am a pretty happy. Pricing was very competitive I would say. I have done some research before, looking for non-dealer shops to do the service but found that price was about the same (or even a bit more) and I would have to wait a couple of days till they order parts like spark-plugs, some filters etc. So Willowdale was the best option for me. And they worked on Saturdays which is important for me.

One of the worst dealeships around I have touched is C&C Motors near Whitby. I used to live in this area and went to them for 24K service. Those guys billed me more then priced initially (forgot to include price of some part). I was standing behind serviceman and watching all the time, just to make sure everything is done properly. Even so they have not completed 1/3 of items written in check-list for 24k service. They have not replaced fuel filter, have not checked ECU codes and forgot to put grease in some spots and do inspection of some fluid levels (not the ones you may do under the hood, and I didn't have a plan to pay 300-400CADs and get myself under the car and check the levels at home). So I had to come second day to have it completed because it was late and they were about to close that day. Really unpleasant experience.

BTW I'm looking forward for 96K service. Has anybody done this here around and what price was that? As of now I'm planing to go to Willowdale for this

·
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alexmolin said:
I've bought mine at Willowdale Subaru. It was not bad experience. I was not in the rush because was looking for insurance at that moment so about 1 week of waiting time for my car to come was OK for me. They got it a bit dusty but cleaned everything nicely when I picked it up.
Also I had 48K service done at the same location and I am a pretty happy. Pricing was very competitive I would say. I have done some research before, looking for non-subaru dealers to do the service but found that price is the same (or even a bit more) and I would need to wait a couple of days till they order parts like spark-plugs, some filters etc. So Willowdale was the best option for me. And they worked on Saturdays which is important for me.

One of the worst dealeships around I have touched is C&C Motors near Whitby. I used to live in this area and went to them for 24K service. Those guys billed me more then priced initially (forgot to include price of some part). I was standing behind serviceman and watching all the time, just to make sure everything is done properly. Even so they have not completed 1/3 of items written in check-list for 24k service. They have not replaced fuel filter, have not checked ECU codes and forgot to put grease in some spots and do inspection of some fluid levels (not the ones you may do under the hood, and I didn't have a plan to pay 300-400CADs and get myself under the car and check the levels at home). So I had to come second day to have it completed because it was late and they were about to close that day. Really unpleasant experience.

BTW I'm looking forward for 96K service. Has anybody done this here around and what price was that? As of now I'm planing to go to Willowdale for this
I've heard similar things of both Willowdale Subaru & C & C motors alex. I didn't care much for C & C either when we were shopping for my wife's 03 FXS.

S

·
0 Posts
I concur on C & C; their attitude when I was shopping after spending considerable time with them (i.e. four test drives) was here's the price; take or leave; I left it and bought elsewhere; I've found some of the subie dealers need an attitude adjustment; last time I checked we are the customers and are doing them a favour by buying at their stealership :poke:

·
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For service I have been impressed with Markham Subaru & I purchased my 06 XT at their sister store.....Scarboro Subaru, also a positive experence.

Out of town, we purchased my wife's 03 FXS at Gemini Subaru in Kitchener & would buy a vehicle from them again. :)

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
I've always like mississauga Subaru. Parts is always helpfull, but my fav part guy just retirered :-(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts