Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XE CVT
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the Executive Producer of Top Gear has admitted the program is aimed people with a mental age of 9. :biggrin:

No wonder it doesn't appeal to me, mine is double that. :lildevil:

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Too old for me by a couple of years then.

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
Me too. I'm closer to 9 months. I can't wait to get into years!!

I thought Top Gear was a "how to" guide not a consumer program? It makes more sense now.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo 5MT
1,960 Posts
I suspect that is a misquote, more likely it was the collective age of the presenters?

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
lol
richard hamond was sprouting on about it on a radio show. came across as a **** actually. still think may is the only intreasting one there.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,975 Posts
Agreed.

I have met Jeremy Clarkson. He is a ****.

I have met James May and found him thoroughly endearing and easy to speak to. No nonsense and no ego.

I haven't met Richard Hammond, though I can't imagine I'd like him.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Top Gear is back on this Sunday BTW :)

I met May a few years ago - he was on the same plane as me on the way to Budapest (think he was filming fiat500 vs BMXs or similar). He got lost on the airbridge to the plane, turned round and asked me if he was going the right way....

There was a load of us there on a works do, we had a good chat to him for 20 mins or so while he was waiting for his bags at the other end - he came across as very nice, happy to chat and talk about cars - pretty much the same as he does on TV..

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Out of the three of em May is the only one to have done a lap of the TT on a motorbike made entirely of mecano and therefore the only one of em I'd care to have a cuppa with :icon_wink:

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
hell yes, there should be more mecano and less " i -thingys" for kids to bring on a new swathe of engineers :biggrin:
Mecano would probably be better off releasing a 3D printing app where kids can model their creations on their iPad and then print it out.... that's the future - you heard it here first! :biggrin:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I take top gear for surface value, its hardly informative. I just want to hear loud cars go into tunnels and watch them crash caravans.

It's completely idiotic, and thats why I watch it. It makes me laugh on a sunday night.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
I take top gear for surface value, its hardly informative. I just want to hear loud cars go into tunnels and watch them crash caravans.

It's completely idiotic, and thats why I watch it. It makes me laugh on a sunday night.
A bit formulaic these days though, unfortunately. There's no need for them to script so much of it IMHO, they'd **** things up just as much with or without a script :)

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XTen & FSti Manual
730 Posts
Last night's episode could have been great with the '80 hot hatches. Instead I watched them smash up a super market... its just not for me anymore.

·
Registered
2013/14 2.5i-L CVT
969 Posts
I much prefer Fifth Gear. More informative and Victoria B-H is much easier on the eye than Clarkson.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Last night's episode could have been great with the '80 hot hatches. Instead I watched them smash up a super market... its just not for me anymore.
Indeed. It's not even as if they chose decent hot hatches - mind you, I guess they knew they were going to blow them up so better they destroy those than something more precious.

Was still crud though.

·
Registered
2014 Fiesta Zetec S Manual
1,038 Posts
Yep, could have been great if they chose a decent MK2 Golf, 205 GTi and Renault 5 turbo, and actually tested them against modern hot hatches, but as usual, they choose crap dogs of motors.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,975 Posts
I feel very similar. Potential not even close to realised.

The McLaren P1 is on next week, so I'll tune in, but it's on its last legs from my perspective.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
it's on its last legs from my perspective.
Yep… it's very much background TV now whilst researching my next £60 investment just in case they suddenly have a momentary return to form.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts