Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Editorial Content
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No one likes having a foul-smelling ride. Whether you eat in your car frequently, smoke, or just don’t have the time to clean it as much as you’d like, we’re going to help you decide which car air fresheners are among the best on the market today so you don’t have to be embarrassed by your car’s odors. There are several popular brands to choose from including Febreze, Little Trees and Ozium, among others, so we’re going to help you dwindle down the options.

What's typically your favorite scent?
Read more about the Top 15 Best Air Fresheners for Your Car at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 X 4-speed Automatic
20 Posts
Febreze Car Vent Clips Air Freshener Danger

I can't believe that these even made the list. Has anyone had one of these things leak? Well I have and its did $300.00 worth of damage to my dashboard. They will discolor and even eat through some plastics. The scented gel is very hard to remove from any surface especially carpeting. Read the very fine print on the back of the package if you don't believe me. Thanks but I'll stick with the scented trees.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT 5MT
23 Posts
I can't believe that these even made the list. Has anyone had one of these things leak? Well I have and its did $300.00 worth of damage to my dashboard. They will discolor and even eat through some plastics. The scented gel is very hard to remove from any surface especially carpeting. Read the very fine print on the back of the package if you don't believe me. Thanks but I'll stick with the scented trees.
I've even had the tree type paper air fresheners melt into the back of my rear view mirror and had to essentially break it off a tiny bit of plastic to remove. Must have been the summer sun, but be careful of any freshener sticking onto plastics.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
771 Posts

Read more about the Top 15 Best Air Fresheners for Your Car at AutoGuide.com.
The best is just a clean car, freshners are chemical crap, not good for us to breathe and most stink. :smile2:

That sucks, I've seen this before though and yeah read the fine print. :smile2:

I've even had the tree type paper air fresheners melt into the back of my rear view mirror and had to essentially break it off a tiny bit of plastic to remove. Must have been the summer sun, but be careful of any freshener sticking onto plastics.
Seen that too, meh they all smell bad too. :smile2:

·
Registered
275 Posts
i clicked this thread cause i saw "top 15 best air..." thinking i was gona be seeing best air filter. =(

If you need to use these air fresheners, i think you need to shower instead of getting one of these.

My wife is a messy eater, and shes eaten in my car multiple times. I have a blanket with duvet cover with 3 cushions in the back constantly, along with surf gear. My car never smells like anything but that car smell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts