Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5x special edition
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found what appears to be a vinyl tool pouch in storage area in the back of our 2010 forester, Nice tool pouch however there is nothing in it. Should there be something in it?

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x Tour
100 Posts
Should be your tire wrench and your wheel lock key (if you have alloys)

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
My U.S.-spec '09's owner's manual (page 9-18) indicates the tool bag is supposed to contain a screwdriver and the wheel nut wrench. However, these tools are actually stored in the molded tool "bucket" insert in my car's spare tire, and there was no tool bag.

My car's alloy wheels are each fitted with five regular 19mm (3/4") lug nuts. There are no keyed (anti-theft) lug nuts, and there's no key in my car's supplied tool kit.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
I would fill it with an assortment of tools. I had to buy my own pouch...

·
Registered
2010 2.5x special edition
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I will probably make up my own kit, but I was curious what came in the stock kit, (other then nothing)

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x Tour
100 Posts
My car's alloy wheels are each fitted with five regular 19mm (3/4") lug nuts. There are no keyed (anti-theft) lug nuts, and there's no key in my car's supplied tool kit.
MY'10 Canadian Spec 2.5X Touring with 16" alloys - each wheel has a lock nut and the key was in the "bag".

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
MY'10 Canadian Spec 2.5X Touring with 16" alloys - each wheel has a lock nut and the key was in the "bag".
The X Touring package with 16" alloys is not a trim level option here in the U.S., although those 16" wheels are included (along with roof rails) in the base X' optional Special Edition Package:

Don't know about the lock nuts and key with that U.S. option, but the standard 17" alloy wheels on my U.S. '09 Premium did not include the lock nuts and key.

Interesting regional market difference! :Banane35:

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts