Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for inspiration, I want to make my garage a sanctuary to work on the Forester and divert my thoughts.

Planning flooring, better lighting, cabinets, roof mounted extension cord, gas heater, etc.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Garage?

We don't need no stinking garage,lol

We are Forester owners we work outside.

joe r

·
Registered
03 2.5 X
766 Posts
sorry, mine wouldn't cut it. Only have a one car garage so the Forrie sits outside. The best thing in there is the refrigerator....highly recommended!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,756 Posts
Garage?

We don't need no stinking garage,lol We are Forester owners we work outside.

joe r
^^ ditto!!! LOL!!!

No can do! MY03 & my son's 95 Neon Sport park outside! 1/2 of garage has been made into an office & the other side is usable as a garage, but instead has an unused treadmill & seems to collect stuff that is coming in or going out of the house...

Bobby...

·
Registered
2003 forester 2.5x
65 Posts
that's , with a one place garage forester sleep outside and the garage is more a working shop that everything else... so no pic...

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
Nothing fancy here, but there's plenty of room for all 3 cars (single door is to the left) and all the stuff that's out there...3 sets of wheels/tires, snowblower, motorcycle, several bicycles, treadmill, storage boxes along one wall, etc. Even with all that, there's plenty of room to walk around the cars and work on them with the doors down. Temp ranges from 45F in the winter to 65F in the summer, so no real need for a heater. I may install some better lighting at some point, but I usually use a drop light anyway, so it hasn't been an issue. I also may put some sort of finish on the floor, to make cleanup easier.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
595 Posts
yeah, outside... rain or shine, i dont care. i have a creeper and some coverals, so no worries about getting wet or dirty.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
My garage is a mess right now, that typically happens over the winter. But we were able to clean out enough crap to make my two car garage a three car because it's double deep on one side :)

·
30 Meters
2006 XTi - VF39 Protune!
5,892 Posts
Here's a few shots of mine. I havn't changed it too much organizational-wise since I've just got the house about a year ago. I can show you where my Subaru memorabeerlia's are at tho!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,756 Posts
I've got to stop looking at this post! I had plans for a garage addition, but I put it on hold. When I started pricing it out, it was almost cheaper to build another house! I'm going to to have to start thinking about this again!:)...

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,758 Posts
Here's what I built a few years back. I took an existing IKEA shelf I had and scaled it up. I used heavy duty nuts and bolts to make it industrial grade strong. This shelf unit is about 10 feet high and can easily hold several hundred pounds. I store all my tires/wheels during the race season . Each shelf is more than strong enough to support my body weight.

The only shot I have of it at the new house

·
Registered
03 WRX
525 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heres a couple of my far too small garage.

Currently my Talon is in many pieces spread all over the garage. The Forester sleeps outside:icon_frown:

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heres a couple of my far too small garage.

Currently my Talon is in many pieces spread all over the garage. The Forester sleeps outside:icon_frown:
Nice this is more along the lines of what I was looking for.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts