Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd Triptronic
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time it wasn't in the Red Clay...so it washed off really easy. This was on a back road at the Sandblast rally in Cheraw, SC...it has rained about 3'' in a day. :woohoo:

Enjoy!

Tomorrow is the Rally...and I plan on doing a rig shot...and more :evilatyou:

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
awesome shots! the fact you do that w/ a lowered car and hellaflush wheels(then again theyre just rotas) is beyond me, but so cool none the less!

i always look foward to your pic posts.

btw that rain storm is supposed to turn in2 a snow storm for us. cant wait!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome shots! the fact you do that w/ a lowered car and hellaflush wheels(then again theyre just rotas) is beyond me, but so cool none the less!

i always look foward to your pic posts.

btw that rain storm is supposed to turn in2 a snow storm for us. cant wait!
Sweet! Thanks for the props. Hey Rota's need love too! Yeah I might have bottomed out a few times on the wheel wells. I am just glad I didn't put the CF lip back on before the trip....it would be dead real quick.

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
691 Posts
Looks like a blast man!!! I have to say my XT handles the sand better than my old 2004 Jeep did in 4wd low!!! AWD is amazing.

I plan on taking mine out for some offroad action soon.

·
Registered
2006 xt
30 Posts
WOW... Just WOW...

You're car looks to clean to be doing that. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
It looks calendar photo shoot clean, actually... Props for having the mojo to go get it so dirty.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went all out today, I went through a really deep puddle!

Thank god there was a coin car wash near by, I washed my car 5 times in 2 days (Just spray) Tomorrow will be a proper bath.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda2 sloppy 5 with imaginary 6th
302 Posts
...is it weird that im slightly turned on by those pics?

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
WOW... Just WOW...

You're car looks to clean to be doing that. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
+1, looks too low too :icon_rolleyes: but props anyway. Last time I did something like that i almost ended up coming home a flat bed because i forgot I had just done a snorkusectomy and a ton of muddy water splashed up and filled the airbox :shake:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all, she was a little too low. But it was just a mud puddle, and beach sand. So it's not all that bad. I am running Nexen 3000 M + S 245/40 rubber on the car and I never came close to getting stuck! :woohoo:

As for my snorkus area, I use a cobb CAI and a tube that runs to the bottom of my car...luckily I remembered and removed the hose before going through the puddle! (DIY CAI!)

As for damage...well I have 2 front bumpers and this is my old one. The other is sitting all nice and new waiting for winter to end. My CF lip is still waiting to get painted/ fixed :)yell:) I did have my window down about 1/2 and inch by accident going through the puddle and it got mud all over the drivers side rear! Even in my hair. I washed and waxed her yesterday and she is like new, oh and from pressure washing it 5 times, my passenger side head light leaked, so I need to take it off and fix it.

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
691 Posts
Thanks all, she was a little too low. But it was just a mud puddle, and beach sand. So it's not all that bad. I am running Nexen 3000 M + S 245/40 rubber on the car and I never came close to getting stuck! :woohoo:

As for my snorkus area, I use a cobb CAI and a tube that runs to the bottom of my car...luckily I remembered and removed the hose before going through the puddle! (DIY CAI!)

As for damage...well I have 2 front bumpers and this is my old one. The other is sitting all nice and new waiting for winter to end. My CF lip is still waiting to get painted/ fixed :)yell:) I did have my window down about 1/2 and inch by accident going through the puddle and it got mud all over the drivers side rear! Even in my hair. I washed and waxed her yesterday and she is like new, oh and from pressure washing it 5 times, my passenger side head light leaked, so I need to take it off and fix it.

As long as you dont hydro-lock her!

·
Registered
2001 Forester "S" 4EAT
315 Posts
that is to wicked, yep new desk top photo here also.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts