Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 WRX hatchback 5mt
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on the differences between these two lenses?

The Canon has a bit wider, but the Tokina has a little more total range.

The tokina has been said to feel better built, but Canon usually creates a good product as well.

There is about $250 difference between the two...Tokina being cheaper.

Anyone have any long term experience with the Tokina or Canon first hand? I have used both before, but only for a few days each.

I will be using it on my Canon 50D

·
Premium Member
None FXT i exploded 4eat one good 4eat
809 Posts
Thoughts on the differences between these two lenses?

The Canon has a bit wider, but the Tokina has a little more total range.

The tokina has been said to feel better built, but Canon usually creates a good product as well.

There is about $250 difference between the two...Tokina being cheaper.

Anyone have any long term experience with the Tokina or Canon first hand? I have used both before, but only for a few days each.

I will be using it on my Canon 50D

Can you post links to the exact lenses you are looking at? There are lots of lenses and variations out there. That way, you can be sure people's reviews and comments are directed at the correct lens. That wide, you will want to look at the distortion figures and sharpness when shooting wide open.

·
Registered
2008 forester
28 Posts
I'm a nikon guy but also been looking at the Tokina (actually at the 11-16mm) I've heard from other users that there are really good.

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,735 Posts
[Sorry for the hijack.]
We have a Sigma 10-20 for our Nikon and it is a great lens.
[/Sorry for the hijack.]

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X LEV II
67 Posts
Keep in Mind the Tokina is a Professional Lense, while the Canon Lense in question is a Comsumer Lense. You will find the Tokina a better value in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts