Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've contacted Tokico and they said my request for either HP or Illumina shocks for the Forester has been logged and they will consider tooling up for our cars if a demand is made clear to them.

so, please go to their site: Contact - Tokico Performance Shocks

and request they produce shocks for our GREAT Forester XT!!!

thanks for your help!

duckboy/Jud

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
gluck w/ that... dont hold your breathe until then, i dont think itll happen. its kinda like that fmic thread... tokico is all about profit, for them to produce such a limited run, they will make none. the modded forester market is soo small, every1 talks a big game until it comes time to pay.

just get the wrx versions and call it a day. there are other options on the market, pick up some kybs. if you are looking for performance, youll want to lower the car, not keep it the same height... so a forester specific version isnt realistic!

i have wrx fitment dspecs, and love them. if i could do it all over again i would have probably saved up longer and bought a quality coilover though.

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

well i'd at least like them to offer the std HP (blue) shock for the stock Forester configuration. even that will be a big help. my car is stock and when i just got new shocks i was amazed at how narrow the selection band was (kyb only). not much of a selection.

i've had Tokico's before on my other cars and i love their valving. truly amazing. just wish they offered at least the HP's for the Forester. really, it's not that far off from the wrx. just more length!!!

duckboy

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
They would prolly want a guaranteed 20 pre-ordered...similar to Seibon when I inquired about a CF hood.

Like mentioned above....there are plenty of options out there,

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
HPs suck, at least on Miatas. There are no choices of Forester-specific springs anyway, just use Impreza-fitment stuff.

EDIT: I just looked up strut options for WRX and Koni inserts are on sale at tirerack, $153 each for the fronts and $146 each for the rear. That's under $600 for all 4!

Stan

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

all

i'm not looking at lowering my forester. i live near the heart of los angeles and the freeways here suck. try hitting freeway steps and drop-offs at 80 mph w/ a load and you'll appreciate wheel travel. i'm over the whole lowering thing. did that on wrx many years ago w/ lots of track time. i'm just looking for more options than the kyb's that i just bought.

please help the cause and go to the tokico website!

thanks

duckboy

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Hmm coming from having used HPs on Hondas, I concur with Stan's opinion. They suck. Initially made me think that Tokico just made crap but then their D-Specs got a lot of praise.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Roads I've driven on in your area are alot better than what we have here, but I may not have seen the worst of yours. I like your guys' freeways and you actually DRIVE over there.

I will go to Tokico's site, but unless you can get Illuminas for the Forester, it's not worth the hassle -- GR2s are way better than HPs.

Some have toyed with idea of installing Koni inserts into Forester strut.

Stan

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Also, for the price of illuminas, I'd rather just get d-specs. now if only they made d-specs for foresters..

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
I've had both HP's and Illumina's in the past in various applications. In my opinion, the HP's weren't much better than any other replacement strut. As for the Illumina's, they weren't bad, but not on part with a Koni Yellow.

I'm considering doing a set of custom Koni's, but it's a ways out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts