Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive been looking around for struts and springs to give me a good drop and stiffen up my suspension a good amount. i know a few guys with sti's that are running the tokico d-spec struts and springs and they seem to love them. the question is.. does anyone know someone who tried out a set for an 04 sti on their foz? if you have any other recommendations that would be great too. im just looking to drop to where sti struts and springs put you.

thanks,
john

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
824 Posts
There are several of us here that have them installed, including myself.

I absolutley love them, they are a bit more pricey, but you absolutely get what you pay for. They are sweet. :banana:

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
i've been searching for a set for the past two months.

got let down when i offered $400 for a bnib set and the guy sold it to sold it to someone else for that price! ***! but yeah, tokico d specs are totally my goal right now. trying to sell off a bunch of parts to justify the purchase.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
i run dpecs and RCE blacks. love the setup for auto-x, for DD not so much. for DD id recommend pinks or red prodrives springs.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
how many turns FFS are you running with RCE blacks? though i want to run crucials with them, which are progressive sti pinks basically.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
4 front, 4.5 rear as per back road runner's recommendation - he was dead on! that guy is a suspension knowledge sponge, lol!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
ah ill remember to ask him when i get them. i remember seeing a lot of 3-4 f&r on that nasioc tokico d-spec thread.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
then ill see what kind of deal i can get for some 04 pinks through work, but do you guys know any sites that sell the struts new? i cant seem to find anything, i suck at the whole.. searching. thing ahaha it just never works for me.

and fourortwowheels, what didnt you like about the rce blacks? just too stiff? because im pretty good with ride harshness, it doesnt bother me too much. i just dont want to have to get coilovers and reuild them in 30k ahahah

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
i never got rid of them, its a compromise. my only gripe is the stiff ride... i really dont even mind it, but some of the backroads around here are just stupid. but they handle amazing!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
turn in concepts has the best price shipped ($540, +$20 for the washers you need) but they are out of stock at the moment. contact them and ask them when it'll be in stock again.

damn im still mad i got forgotten in my $400 offer.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aahah well if you want to get rid of them let me know! depending on how much i can get them for vs some sti pinks that i can get for cost from work ill have to see whats better on pricing. where did you get them from?

and ill call up turn in concepts tomorrow about the struts. thanks for the heads up!

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
I wanted to pipe in & say I have KYB AGX with STi pink wagon springs & I like them alot. I had looked into D-specs but got a great deal on the AGX's.

joe r

·
Registered
RIP 2005 FXT 5MT
950 Posts
I have the STi Prodrive reds and the Tokico D-Specs set at 3-1/2 front and 5-1/2 rear. I also have a set of JacksonRally 1" spacers, which helps keeps the original Forester suspension geometry and my TurboXS cat from getting too scratched up.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
What tires is everyone running with their setups w/ d-specs? Am I the only one having some rubbing issues?

I'm on D-specs, Group N-top hats, 04-sti prodrive reds, 235/50/17 Michelin Pilot sports A/S on +48 OZs 17x7. Dspecs set 5/3.5 F/R because I have rubbing issues in the back

The drop is perfect and handling is great, the fronts have no issues, though tires rub inner fender wall at full turn at parking lot speeds

The rears...on bumps tires would rub the top of the fender walls and a little on the spring perch and on hard high speed turns I tires would rub outer fender wall, even with rear fenders rolled. With 3 passengers and snowboard gear, getting up to the mountains isnt that fun anymore; I spend most of my time watching for bumps and slowing down on turns...booo

I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this issue. Thinking about switching to 225/50/17s and hope that would solve the issues... if not, I think I'm going to have to swap out to something else :(

Any opinions?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Hmm weird.. but 235 bulges a little on 7" wide rims, don't they? Especially 50 profile?.. I run 225/45/17 with 13.5" from axle nut to fender edge and it never rubs, even with 4 people in the car doing twisties. How is your alignment btw? I bet it might get solved by dialing camber to make the wheel more neutral.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts