Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I might as well have one of these journals. Well I couldn't find any pictures of my car stock so here's a random one for reference:

Not so surprising, if you know me, it didn't take long at all before I started moding.

One of the first mods that I did was to put on my first set of rims; Legacy GT rims (notice the low profile Legacy tires?)

Almost immediately after the rims I installed a set of 2006 WRX brakes:

It wasn't long after that that I auto-xed for the first time ever. Look at that body roll:

Heres a look at it from the size with regular sized tires:

One of the next big mods was to upgrade the turbo! My first turbo upgrade was an IHI VF34. I went with the 34 because it was a ball bearing turbo and did not have the crack issue the VF39 had. Sure it was more expensive but I had zero regrets:

Shortly after swapping in the new turbo I decided to get my self an uber cool front mounted intercooler:

I was trying to go stealth so I didn't want to modify the bumper too much:

I had some fitment issues with the WBR FMIC kit so it was removed. But, since I had cut up the stock Limited bumper, I needed to replace it. By this time the XT Sport model was now available in the US so that's what I got:

One of the happiest days of my Forester's life was when I brought home my very own set of OEM Forester STi wheels:

Another great day was when I finally figured out how to install a set of WRX seats in my car. I say "figured out" because Subaru utilized a dual-stage airbag system in the 2006 Forester. This meant that there were SRS related sensors in the base of the seat to determine: A) if there was a passenger and B) How far the driver was from the steering wheel. I am all about safety and refuse to do any resistor mods. This took a total of 3 pairs of WRX seats, Katzkin covers, and hours of frustration. In the end the solution was actually very simple but that's what you get for being the Guinea Pig. The WRX seats was by far one of the best mods I did.

Speaking of steering wheels, I always like keeping two hands on. But I also had an iPod with 20,000+ songs set on random. So that usually meant reaching over to hit the "next" button alot. Well, I knew that the Legacy had a steering wheel with controls on it. After researching LegacyGT.com there was a thread talking about how to add stereo controls to Legacy models without controls on the wheel. As with most Subaru models of similar model-years parts are interchangeable. With the newer style roll connector the Forester and Legacy share the same harness and therefore I could add another pin to run the audio control signal to the PAC-Audio adapter:

In the above photo you can see my gauge bezel where the ashtray went. I always wanted to put something there but didn't know what. Then member Badbatzmuru posted up his version and I had my inspiration! I did it exactly as he did and here's what I had:

I gave a prototype to Subtle-Solution and they improved on the design and sells it here for all to have. And since I still needed the cig adapter, I just moved it to the side (it was a little tight on space but still fit and works fine):

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 20 of 25 Posts