Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
996 Posts
Yeah totally! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm lucky that I can use the water jet at school to make the mounts, but if I decide to make and sell these, I'm going to need to find an alternative for them. Also, since I'm moving soon, I'll have to find a way to make them down in SC. Time will tell how that goes. Worst case scenario, I can have a machine shop make the whole thing for you and you pay whatever that cost + shipping is.
That's awesome you have access to a waterjet. I run one for work, and we used to do a lot of stuff for the local college until they got their own!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Do you have camber plates TJ? I'm going to get an alignment in the next week, and wondering if I can get -2 deg camber up front on the stock camber bolts. My plan was to pretty much aim for what you went with. -2 F, and -1.5 R.
I do, and they were needed to get the camber I wanted. I was only able to get -1.9 out of the front without them. I also have ALK, RCA, and flipped pins on my STI control arms, so that may affect things as well.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
996 Posts
I do, and they were needed to get the camber I wanted. I was only able to get -1.9 out of the front without them. I also have ALK, RCA, and flipped pins on my STI control arms, so that may affect things as well.
That's kind of what I figured. I have the forester ALK on STI control arms with sub frame spacer delete. My control arms are non caster adding, and I decided not to flip the pin, because when I did, it was damn near impossible to bolt the arms up. I'm probably going to shoot for -1.5 F and -1.0 R. New tires and alignment tomorrow :grin2:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
That's kind of what I figured. I have the forester ALK on STI control arms with sub frame spacer delete. My control arms are non caster adding, and I decided not to flip the pin, because when I did, it was damn near impossible to bolt the arms up. I'm probably going to shoot for -1.5 F and -1.0 R. New tires and alignment tomorrow :grin2:
Ask them to get as much camber as they can in the front, then shoot for -0.5 less in the rear. Should be a pretty good setup.

·
Registered
2005 XT 5MT
197 Posts
Not to thread jack but I was able to get about -1.5 and -1.0 with the stock camber bolts in the front and nothing in the rear.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I participated in my first autocross yesterday! We raced at Pocono Raceway and the course was set up on the infield. Sadly, I get placed in Street Modified since I have a turbo swap and other things. In my not-so-equipped Forester on street tires, I was up against fully modded (by the books) cars on WAY stickier tires than I had. Still placed 4th out of 5, beating a fully modded Evo 9. Had a blast. Videos to come...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Good job man. I wish there were real tracks where I live. I can kill cones or do mountain runs, that's about it.
I've got a few tracks nearby but I haven't been road racing yet. It's on the agenda when I get some better tires. These 235/50 summer tires aren't the greatest. Thinking 255/40 for my next set.

·
Registered
2005 XT 5MT
197 Posts
Tires are the most important part of your suspension/ brakes.
Just to be lazy and not have to search for it, what are your wheel specs and did you have to roll or pull?

101 - 120 of 166 Posts