Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you guys that keep asking will this tire fit without rubbing, ADF has created something that will help:

·
Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,001 Posts
We may want to pin this post at in the "Wheels and Tires/Tyres" thread for future ease of finding... with a link to the "proven wheel & tire setup" thread.

:):)

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5MT
136 Posts
List is not entirely accurate because I put their 2” lift in and rubbed when at full lock with store wheels and tires, but that gave me an excuse buy my methods and larger wheels and just hammer down the pinch weld, and, and, and…. It never ends. Basically if you don’t want to rub, don’t lift it at all.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
List is not entirely accurate because I put their 2” lift in and rubbed when at full lock with store wheels and tires, but that gave me an excuse buy my methods and larger wheels and just hammer down the pinch weld, and, and, and…. It never ends. Basically if you don’t want to rub, don’t lift it at all.
If you have not already done so, you might want to let ADF know what happened....

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,470 Posts
These lists are pretty simplistic. I ran both of the upsizes on my '09 for thousands of miles, non lifted and stock wheels, and never had a rub. 225/65x16 and 215/70x16.

I was under the impression that all pre-2009 Foresters were limited to a 215/65x16 which they list for the 1999-2002 models.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@YoGeorge I would consider the list as a starting-point. Given that you do not have tire rub and yet @AdalinesDad has tires on the list that rubbed. How would you then interpret that? Especially when he lifted his 2" using ADF kit. I certainly would not consider it a definitive list.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,470 Posts
@bman400, to be totally specific, the list indicates the same tire size limits for his 2004 as for my 2009. I was a very early adopter of 215/70x16's on my '09, basically in June 2008, and that size tire did not fit on earlier Foresters without some interference. I had zero interference in every situation.

A lift didn't make a difference on fit because interference is at the front and rear of wheel wells, not the tops.

Another data point is that is that the 04 had a stock size tire of 215/60x16 and the 09 had a stock tire size of 215/65x16--that's .8" larger.

I'm talking stock wheel offsets also. That's all I can say.

·
Registered
2017 SJ9 Forester 2.5i-S
16 Posts
For all you guys that keep asking will this tire fit without rubbing, ADF has created something that will help:
Those charts are not accurate.

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5X
1,171 Posts
I went by ADF charts, my own research including other people's cars here and....
2012 Forester X, bought spare 16" factory alloy used off ebay, mounted set of five General Grabber ATX 215/70r16 (about 1" taller than stock) and it fit barely. Need to buy longer wheel hold down bolt and weld a wing nut type peice on it. Love the look and fitment of these tires, we'll see how they hold up and get some offroad miles on them too. :)

BTW, really appreciate ADF's chart and everyone here's pictures and feedback on tires, thanks!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts