Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 FXT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm in for my first tire & wheel package on my 05 FXT, which has thus far remained completely stock. Browsing Tire Rack, I've come to like these wheels:

OZ Alleggerita HLT 17x7.5 +48
Enkei RS-M 18x7.5 +48

and possibly,

Enkei EKM3 18x7.5 +45

Browsing the forum, I tend to want to put on 245/* :icon_biggrin: but I don't even know if this is possible on stock suspension (is it?), or whether it's wise to go wide prior to swapping suspension to close some gap.

Well, in particular, something like abacall's setup is visually what I'm looking for at some point. (tire-size-wheel-size-offset-etc-log-will-fit-11836 post646166)

For tires, I'm looking toward ultra high performance A/S, or performance summer. This is just my DD that I'm looking to spruce up and get some more handling performance out of -especially around the 10 or so roundabouts they recently constructed in our area. :icon_cool:

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
(Bleh.. Sorry for my newbness :chair:)

·
Registered
2005 FXT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. For something a bit more concrete, I've decided on the OZ Alleggerita HLT 17x7.5 +48, and after reading the stickies, I'm thinking a 225/55/17 or a 235/50/17. Perhaps the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus or Continental ExtremeContact DW. I'm still thinking there'll be some rub though from what I've read. What do you think?

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
POST/LINK PICTURES!!! I'm too lazy to go to tirerack to look them up myself. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2005 FXT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried but the forum wouldn't let me. I even tried in-lining the links, but I'm too new:

"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."​

I wasn't going to spam other threads just to link. :shrug:

Thanks anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts