Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,739 Posts
That looks a lot like the (unfortunately) normal wear pattern on the OEM Geolandars that so many of us have encountered. That's just the way they are.

·
Registered
09 FXT Stage 2 4EAT
431 Posts
What are your current -camber settings? By the looks of your camber plates, you are pretty close to maxing them out on the negative side. If you like lots of negative camber then you are stuck with wearing the insides out like that.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
What are your alignment specs? Toe is usually what causes severe inside shoulder wear, camber usually just causes the tire to end up looking a bit conical. However it does look like you're running a TON of neg camber, so thats probably not helping it.

Also theres adjustment at the lower strut bolt for camber in the front as well as the adjustment at the top from the camber plates that come with your coilovers. Have you ever had the car aligned since installing the coilovers?

·
Registered
2005 Forester xt 2.5 van
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what my specs should be.
I have run 42000km since the alignment on the front tires and 45000km in all on the front tires.
My backtires have run 91000km been on since the car was new and still have 4mm on them.and its geo's.
The driver side is more worn than the left on the fronttires.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Well your running very little camber, and no attempt has been made to set it or equalise it.

You have a 1 degree discrepancy in castor which is not good.

Tyres are Parrallel near enough.

I would say that's normal Geosquealer wear, but there is little point running fancy camber plates if its not even been set equal let alone to a value outside that achievable with stock parts, waste of money.

Simon

·
Registered
2005 Forester xt 2.5 van
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guess i have to find another place to do the alignment.
This is what i wanted to have: 0 toe on all 4 wheels or a bit toe in infront.
Camber -1.0-1.5 infront
Camber -1.0 bag
That was what i found in this forum that should be good for the street.
Is it ok? and can it be done whith the coilovers i have?
So the specs that i have is allmost like standard forester?

Before i got the coilovers on,the first set of geo's in front was rubbed of on the outside,now they are rubbed of on the inside.
so is it becaurce of the geo's? i have just got 4 new vredestein quatrac 3 that i will put on.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
guess i have to find another place to do the alignment.
This is what i wanted to have: 0 toe on all 4 wheels or a bit toe in infront.
Camber -1.0-1.5 infront
Camber -1.0 bag
That was what i found in this forum that should be good for the street.
Is it ok? and can it be done whith the coilovers i have?
So the specs that i have is allmost like standard forester?

Before i got the coilovers on,the first set of geo's in front was rubbed of on the outside,now they are rubbed of on the inside.
so is it becaurce of the geo's? i have just got 4 new vredestein quatrac 3 that i will put on.
-1.5 front and -1 rear should work out well. The alignment you have looks like they didn't really do much at all. -1.5 and -1 can be set on a factory car, those camber plates should be able to get you a huge range in camber (it looks like they set the camber plates very negative and then used camber bolts to push it back out positive). I'd find a different shop to do the alignment, thats a pretty terrible alignment.

And yes, the geolandars wear poorly. They're just too soft and roll too much if you drive hard at all, so the edges get worn out very quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts