Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2019 Forester for about one month, and have less than 1,000 miles on it. I drove over a rock and destroyed one of my tires. The Subaru service department said I have to pay $190 for a new tire. Query: aren't the tires under warranty? I did not buy anything special, but I would have thought that every new product has a warranty. Is that not the case?

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
No, that is not covered. Sort of like I backed into a pole, can you fix the bumper? If the tire was defective that would be covered. Sorry about the tire. Tirerack is a great source for tires. Bet they are a lot less expensive.

Reactions: soobcrazy

·
Registered
'17 Impreza Hatchback CVT
822 Posts
The good news is because the other three are new, you only need to buy one.

If the set was worn, you would either have to get a whole new set or have the one new tire shaved down to match the ODs for the 4WD. So look on the bright side :thumbsup:

Sorry for your bad luck, however!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,301 Posts
The exception being if you had the Subaru's Gold Plus Added Security. Then I believe the original tires are covered, at least they are for my wife's 2015. But presumably the dealer would know that...

Mike

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
600 Posts
Gold plan used to cover road hazard. No more. IIRC it went away a couple of years ago.
As of 2017 it did.

I don’t usually buy into the profit game. But my 2017 had a tire sliced by something on the road just 2days with it.

Dealer gave me an enticing discount on the gold and covered the tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts