Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the tires on my 07 XT. The stock one's are finally worn out. Anyone have any suggestions on what brand/model to replace them with? I'm not looking to change from the original size (215 55 17), and I im looking for an all season. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
How much highway, town, snow, rain, etc conditions do you expect to see? Do you care more about how long the tire lasts, roadnoise, grip?

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I live in rural KY, so mostly do back road driving and highway. Mostly dry/wet roads, and some snow. I guess i care more about tread life and road noise. Thanks!

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I like the general altimax HP, a decent all around tire that many people have been happy with lately. Also, quite a good price for a nice tire. My friend put them on his 06 forester, and I just got a set for the prius. If I had a nonturbo I'd probably be running them too.

The contiextremecontact and continental extremecontact DWS are great tires, but more performance oriented.

Another tire that I like a lot, although quite a bit more expensive is the goodyear tripletred. Good all weather performance and usually last pretty long, but they are pricey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts