61 - 80 of 1188 Posts

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
-Tire Size- 235/45/17 General Exclaim UHP
-Rota Tarmac 2 17x7.5
-+48
-None at rest, possibly slight rubbing when really pushing the car (not much room to the rear strut bodies, but enough that a 245 of this tire would probably still barely clear)***
-Suspension -entirely stock
Just to update this, there is definitly a bit of rubbing with these tires that I didn't notice before. I'm going to measure the tire, but this seems to be a really wide 235 width. I'm not sure where the rubbing is coming from, but pretty sure it rubs at lower speeds when making tighter turns (90 degree turns at intersections and pulling into and out of parking spaces). Either that or something in my steering/suspension is failing with lots of noise. I'll update this when I find out what exactly is going on.

·
30 Meters
2006 XTi - VF39 Protune!
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Okay! Thanks. I'll note that on my next update. Prolly in a day or two.

Thanks for that... Good to keep it accurate.

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
985 Posts
Falken FK-452 245/45/17

As of today

Tire brand and size: Falken FK-452 245/45/17
Rim width and height: Rota SVN 17x8 Tommy Gold
Rim offset: +48
Rubbing issues: No rubbing anywhere
Suspension: Stock struts with Tein H-Tech rear springs & WRX front springs
Spacers: No spacers used

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5 spd manual
108 Posts
Will it fit??

I found a deal on a set of 17x8 38mm offset with 225-45-17 Hoosier A6's on them. Will these fit without rubbing. I've got to make a move in the next day or so on these and I didn't see that wheel size listed in any of the posts. Please help.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,110 Posts
I'm sure they'll fit without rubbing, but that offset is a little too low IMHO. Too much stress on the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
1998 subaru forester
70 Posts
My foz MY98 N/A 2.0
Tire brand and size: Nankang NS2 225/40/18
Rim width and height: 18" x 8"
Rim offset: +45mm
Suspension: Stock
Using any spacers: no

·
Registered
2002 Forester
428 Posts
Car: 2002 Forester
Tire brand and size: Bridgestone RE01R 245/45/R17
Rim width and height: Rota Subzero 17" x 7.5"
Rim offset: +48mm
Any rubbing: none
Suspension: Swift Forester XT springs, stock struts
Caster: -0.5 front, -1.2 rear(stock)

The front has plenty of room. The rear has about 1/8" to the strut. It's pretty close to the fender on the rear but no rubbing. Section width on the rim is 9.6".

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Premium
46 Posts
2005 FXT
Kumho Ecsta SPT 255/50/17
Rota SDR 17x7.5
+48
Rubbing: None
Stock XT suspension
5mm Eibach spacer in rear

+48 front and +43 rear is a perfect fit for this size tire. Its about 1.5 mm clearance for the suspension parts but no actual rubbing. Speedo is about 1-2mph slow for actual speed but love how they drive. 10.2" section width.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,587 Posts
Largest SIXTEEN inch tire size that fits?

Here is the largest tire I have had that fit:

Tire brand and size: Hoosier RS03 245/40/17
Rim width and height: 5Zigen FN01R-C 17"x8"
Rim offset: +48mm
Any rubbing: none
Suspension: WRX Wagon struts/ Wagon SPT (pink) springs
For those of us who don't wish to subscribe to the bigger wheel size theory, has anybody info on largest 16" tire to fit without rubbing?
-Quick

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,791 Posts
Just to update this, there is definitly a bit of rubbing with these tires that I didn't notice before. I'm going to measure the tire, but this seems to be a really wide 235 width. I'm not sure where the rubbing is coming from, but pretty sure it rubs at lower speeds when making tighter turns (90 degree turns at intersections and pulling into and out of parking spaces). Either that or something in my steering/suspension is failing with lots of noise. I'll update this when I find out what exactly is going on.
Chalk the inside of your tires from the outside of the thread right down the sidewall , go drive around as per above then look in the wheel wells and you'll see white marks rubbed off the tires and left on the body/suspension of your Foz which will tell you where and how much you are rubbing.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Premium
46 Posts
For those of us who don't wish to subscribe to the bigger wheel size theory, has anybody info on largest 16" tire to fit without rubbing?
-Quick
Just calculate the difference.. its a mathmatical equation nothing more..

if it has the same rolling diameter, same offset, same tire profile width, then it'll fit.

245 profile tire is a 245 profile tire.. only thing that changes it really is rim width.. adjust accordingly.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,386 Posts
-Car: 2003 Forester XS
-Tire brand & Size: Kumho Ecsta ASX 215/45R17
-Rim: Prodrive P7
-Rim width and height: 17x7
-Rim offset: +52mm
-Any rubbing: None
-Suspension: Swift Forester Springs
-Using any spacers: None

·
tag team uSerZ
2005 Legacy GTW
379 Posts
Car: 04 FXT
Tire brand and size: Pirelli PZero Nero M+S 245/45/17
Rim width and height: 17x8
Rim offset: +46mm
Any rubbing: a little in the rear under hard cornering
Suspension: STI springs on stock struts, Perrin rear sway + endlinks

·
Registered
2008 Forester X-L
6 Posts
hi guys i was wondering, i was wanting to put a set of Enkei RP03's on my '08 X if possible and i want the 19"s. What sort of width (rim width) should i order and what sort of profile tire could i allow...or am i pissing in the wind?

basically i want 'em big and wide without rubbing the s**t outa my guards...

·
Registered
2007 Forester
124 Posts
forester 2.5xti has it in the spreadsheet that one person ran 19" x 8" with a 48 offset with no rubbing on 235/35-19 tires. but there was another guy that had 20" x 8.5" with a 42 offset and no rubbing on 245/35-20 tires. I'm thinking 20's could be in my future.

·
Registered
2004 FXT AT
20 Posts
I have se a littel bit of a problem in this wheel data base area.

One imprtent thing is missing!!!

The roling outsid lench of the tire.

When im culculating in wheels end rims i allways use:

Rim width
Offsett
Roling outsid lench

In the spring 2008 im hoping thet i can mount KIR Racing RSS 19 x 7 on y -04 XT.

·
30 Meters
2006 XTi - VF39 Protune!
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I'll be posting an updated version shortly. Have been astray for a bit.

As for the overall diameter of the tire... I advise visiting the tire manufacturers website for the exact specs per tire. We all know every tire varies.

61 - 80 of 1188 Posts