Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!
What would be a good tire pressure for a Yokohama Geolandar G015 215/65r16, using between city, highway and gravel?
Thank you!

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
A pressure which gives you even wear across the face of the tread..... a tread depth gauge for 2$ is a good investment, as is an alignment....somewhere around what is posted on the door jamb sticker for whatever YEAR you are talking about,, and modified for the loads you have on board or are towing.
When you run gravel roads, beware running at high speed as sharp rocks kicked up by front tires can be rolled over by rears,,, pointed at a bad angle as tire rolls over.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
3,067 Posts
Start at 32PSI for a week or two and see how you like it and work up to 38 PSI, adding 2PSI every week or two. You'll figure out what works for you.

For gravel, depending on how gravelly, you may need to air down a bit compared to what you run on the Highway/City. If the gravel is really loose, you may wish to look into some Rally Armor flaps to look after your paintwork, at least on the front.

As an Example:
I ran my Hankook M&S XL winters at 37PSI for even wear accross the tyre - Down to 20-22 PSI in deep snow at low speeds. - Very even wear and very long life.
I ran my Hankook summers at 35PSI - Very even wear and long life
I ran my Michelins Touring at 32PSI they wore fast but evenly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts