Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am overloaded on tire size information. I am completely lost now.

I have an 04 XT, and I am picking up a used set of Weds Sport 17x7.5 wheels.

I am running STI Forester Pink springs with OE struts. What tire size should I go with?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
We could tell you, but all the information from our members on what will fit is in the sticky at the top of the Tire and Wheel Forum, Tire size, wheel size, offset...what will fit?
Why start another when so many have already answered the question's in that thread?

Don't take it the wrong way, it's just too many people have put so much effort to help everyone out to dismiss reading through it.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read through the thread that you suggested.

I am unable to open the zip file, but there is a lot of information. I posed a question in that thread, hopefully I will get a suggestion.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,515 Posts
It's not that difficult to figure out. I go here, plug in my stock tire/wheel/offset on one side & what I'm going to on the other side & read the data. I'll play aound with the tire series (60/50/45...etc) until it closely matches the stock. As to your wheel width. 215-225 will fit on 7.5", with it being optimal for 235, but may a bit narrow for a 245. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
225/55/17 if you like a little more sidewall, or 225/50/17 since you can find better performance tires in that size. 235/50/17 is an option, but 235 wide tires are not very common so your selection may be limited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts