Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car: 2010 XT on Swifts.

I am going to get some Conti DWS tires (Going to plus size) and some rota wheels (not sure which one yet).

I am trying to keep my speedo as close as possible so 3 choices I see:
Stock Tire is 225/55/17

Choice 1. 235/55/17. About 1 MPH faster on speedo from OEM. Which rim width size fits the best for this choice? Tirerack doesn't give a recommendation for this size. I would think 7.5" or 8".

2. 235/45/18 or 235/50/18: first is -1 MPH and second is +1MPH and tirerack says 8" rims on both as the best fit.

This is my DD and sees mostly local even though I spend most of my time on the highway. ie. stuck in traffic usually.

Any comments on my research and my questions would be great.

Thanks,
Stan

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
Iceman,
I have been playing with the thought of 18" Rotas also, have you thought about going to 245/45/18? Those are pretty much dead on for the same OEM sizing. I am just not familiar with fitment with Swifts, so not sure about the width being an issue for you.

Dave

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dave,

I haven't even considered the 245's as I think they would be too wide for me. They would prob fit on my ride since its only like a inch or so lower than stock but I am not certain of it. 235s are the widest I am willing to go. There are some good deals on Rota wheels on NASIOC btw.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
Iceman,
I have been reading on NASIOC a lot recently and I am getting itchy...lol.
Which Rotas are you looking at? I like the SVN and the Grids in hyper black. Would really like a set of 19's. They would fill in the SH models nicely.
Doing my mods bit by bit. Hellas and tint this weekend and stereo probably in June.

Dave

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delay, I am looking at the Grids or G-Force in a hyper black or gun metal color. I was looking more into the 245 size tires and am considering them more now. Do you know if they will fit without any issues on a stock forester? (245/45-18.) I am only like an inch lower and since these tires have pretty much the same diameter from the stock tire, I think it should be the same. I am a tire noob however so I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
I am very interested in this also. I am in the same boat(I assume it would fit, keyword assume).

Iceman,
Do you still have the stock struts on?

Thank You,
Dave

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I got Swifts on stock struts. No issues so far after about 10k miles on them. Also got 08 STI RSB and some cosmetic OEM parts.

I will try and take some pics this week if the weather gets better and show you the wheel gap which is still plenty.

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I used this one as well as one from tirerack, and some other sites I saw from this forum. Thanks for the link though.

I am not the brightest on tire fitment and just dont want to get a tire that wont fit in accordance with circumference as well as width. I dont want the tire to rub the wheel well, or hit the strut or anything else in the wheel area. Also I want to get a rim size that will fit the wheel correctly and it looks like an 7.5 or 8 inch width should be best for a 235 or 245 size tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts