Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X PZEV Forester
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm installing the OEM under-seat subwoofer on my Automatic 2010 forester this weekend and was hoping for some tips on removing all the interior trim for the install. I have the nylon auto trim tools so I won't scratch anything (i hope!) but wanted to know if any one had any suggestions on WHERE & HOW to pry these things out? (i.e. where to pry out on the head unit cover, parking break, cup holder, and frame that goes over the automatic transmission area)

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
I have an aftermarket sub under the seat so I didn't remove all that stuff that the OEM one says to but for the radio bezel it's quite easy. First step put a piece of tape just below the headunit bezel to keep from scratching that long silver piece, I noticed after a couple in and outs with my bezel I scratched that piece a little. Next I take one of the key chain cards I have (such as ones from your grocery store to go on your keychain for scanning) then I slide that in on the lower left side of the bezel and just pull. I believe there's also two slots on the bottom of the bezel that you can get a trim tool into but I didn't find that out until after the last time I pulled mine off.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Get a flashlight and crane your neck and look under the center bezel for those 2 slots. Get a small precision screwdriver and tape the tip. tape the surrounding area too. Now get in there and pry gently in those 2 slots. It will then pop out with some gentle preasure.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X PZEV Forester
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thanks. Any guidance on removing the parking break or cup holder console?

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
sweet thanks. Any guidance on removing the parking break or cup holder console?
i did this the other day just feeling for clips, its really easy.

first remove 2 screws in the rear portion of the console(under the rubber matt that is next to the aux plug.

next pull up on the e-break leather portion from the very bottom(kind of where your seat belt connects. pull the entire leather portion up and out of the way.

now you should see one screw at the very front of your console that was hidden by the leather boot. its near the coin holder area.

unscrew that 1 screw and set it aside, at this point the only part holding it on is a white clip located under the coin holder area. apply some pressure and pull up on the entire front of the center console. this should pop off and your good to go

·
Registered
2010 2.5X PZEV Forester
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did this the other day just feeling for clips, its really easy.

first remove 2 screws in the rear portion of the console(under the rubber matt that is next to the aux plug.

next pull up on the e-break leather portion from the very bottom(kind of where your seat belt connects. pull the entire leather portion up and out of the way.

now you should see one screw at the very front of your console that was hidden by the leather boot. its near the coin holder area.

unscrew that 1 screw and set it aside, at this point the only part holding it on is a white clip located under the coin holder area. apply some pressure and pull up on the entire front of the center console. this should pop off and your good to go

Nice, it sounds simple enough..hopefully i can do it without scratching anything! How do you like the sound improvement? did the OEM subwoofer change how the stock speakers (side doors and tweeters) sound as well? did it make it any more clearer?

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Nice, it sounds simple enough..hopefully i can do it without scratching anything! How do you like the sound improvement? did the OEM subwoofer change how the stock speakers (side doors and tweeters) sound as well? did it make it any more clearer?
i actually didnt install a sub, i did it to get access t the shifter surround to paint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts