Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...so I posted a while back about my new (to me) Forester blowing a head gasket. Finally got around to ordering replacement gaskets and all that jazz. Well, we opted to do it ourselves since our local mechanic seems to get hives whenever an "import" is in his garage :icon_rolleyes: Well, on pulling the motor out of her we managed to shatter, not crack, shatter the passenger (right) inside timing belt cover. Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a replacement other than Ebay, 'cause I've looked there and nobody can seem to give me a straight answer, or from a local dealer, who's like 100 miles away. I'd really appreciate any help ya'll could throw my way. Of course if I can find all the pieces my hubby may be able to do a little plastic welding magic...but there's a lot of itty bitty pieces. Well, thanks bunches in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Jackie at Annapolis has them in stock. When my timing belt ate itself a few months ago, it made a hole in the cover. She had it shipped to me in 2 days.

It IS expensive .... somewhere between $70 to $80 IIRC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts