Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
349 Posts
Considering the amount of miles that you accrue per year, your looking at another 23 years before you need to do the job! Kidding aside, I recently did the timing belt on my 07 at 100K. Under the 105K parameter, but three years past the recommended interval. The belt had no discernible wear visually, but it was a bit stretched compared to the new replacement. However, the belt is just one piece of the puzzle. The idler pulleys, tensioner, and water pump are the more concerning pieces. Belts rarely fail independently of the pulleys/tensioner/water pump seizing. If one of the bearings fail in any of those items they will take the belt with it, and likely most of the top end of the engine. It's doubtful that you are in imminent danger and I'd wager that you could kick the can a bit longer if you want to. But as the saying goes, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"... and it also costs far less.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.