Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all - Newbie here looking for help

I have a 04 XT - 15,000 miles (wifes car)

I really know little about this car (My toy is a 92 Galant VR4 - modded)

2 weeks ago the gas station attendant put in 87 octane. My wife babied it for about 1/2 tank untill she was able to get in some 93. But it seems to have lost serious power. I know on the Galant - if you put in bad gas it pulls timing, but will re-adjust back once you put in better gas (1-2 tank fulls)

It is the same on the Forester? If so how long does it take to adjust back? Anyway to speed it up?

Any help appreciated. thanks...

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Fill it with 93 octane, disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes. Reconnect the battery and go driving.

The ecm will fully learn within 250 miles.

Forgot to add,

GVR-4's kick donkey.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hondaslayer said:
Fill it with 93 octane, disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes. Reconnect the battery and go driving.

The ecm will fully learn within 250 miles.

Forgot to add,

GVR-4's kick donkey.
Thanks..

Yes I luv the GVR4 It was originally my wifes (new in 92) and the only way I could get her to part with it was by getting her the Forester.- then I told my wife that I heard something about new fuel maps for the Forester and her reply was "What are you waiting for?"

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Steve Hebert said:
Thanks..

Yes I luv the GVR4 It was originally my wifes (new in 92) and the only way I could get her to part with it was by getting her the Forester.- then I told my wife that I heard something about new fuel maps for the Forester and her reply was "What are you waiting for?"

:lol:

Awesome.

My wife is more of a point A to point B person.

Although she is rally trainable. She was helping push rally cars out of Snow drifts two weeks ago :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts