Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got ideas in mind, just need a sounding board afore I go spending....

Handling.... dont want or need sports handling, just want a bit better turn in and less roll, arb's I guess. Is the sg like the sf in that impreza bars (which ones ??) will fit or am I looking at whiteline etc etc.

Also seems like a hellish load of steering wheel input on the sg compared to my old sf so is a "quickrack" available or ...... ?????

Style .... sf had a "forester" nudge bar, plastic coated thingy with an aluminium inlay with forester printed on it, bit wider than the number plate.... you know the thingy.... can one be got for sg ??

And finally.... half way down the windscreen pillar is the internall movement sensor for alarm ( looks like a mini webcam ball on a stalk kinda thing ) .... has anyone got a spare "front half cover" for it kickin about ????

Thanks all.... kind regards :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,972 Posts
My rear ARB is from a Newage Impreza STi; 20mm thickness.

I think it needed to be from a widetrack for the FSTi, although not sure if that will be the same for you.

Fivos has a bar from the RB320 I think, which supports my widetrack theory.

An Impreza rack should solve your steering.

Not sure on the nudge bar. I've seen them, but not really something I've considered. :icon_wink:

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
As per Alistair's comments. STi ARBs from MY04-08 basically. The other thing to look at is a 10mm wider tyre with a corresponding 5% drop in profile.

As for the nudge bar, yes, you can get these - they were a Subaru option so you may still be able to get hold of them.

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OOOohhhh..... Hadn't thought about changing tyre profiles, nice one.
Thank you all kindly.... just the infuriating wait for the right bits to turn up secondhand for the right price now :biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers don .... think I might hold off on the bumper guard, it aint got the crossbar like the old one which was really what I miss.... spent many an hour with me bum perched on it, tis in fact the main reason I wanted one for the sg, ah well.... I'll weld something up meself :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts