Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Convenience / EyeSight CVT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back with my new 2019 Forester/EyeSight and I must say the technology is amazing- like being on a starship. In rush hour traffic from the dealership to home, I already had an EyeSight warning for lane deviation and pre-collision braking kick in. It’s very impressive coming from a 2008 Outback (written off in an accident two weeks ago). A few days of intensive research and connecting with a friend’s Subaru dealership led to the serendipitous purchase of the short supply Forester. All of my past cars have made it out to ten years so this brand new car experience is very rare for me. I know my dog is going to love his new ride too. Looking forward to another decade of happy safe driving, particularly with EyeSight.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
15 Posts
Congrats! I see you are from Ontario. I also just picked one up last week in the same trim level as yours. Please tell me you didn't get the same red I did! The adaptive cruise control is absolutely amazing. In fact it's almost spooky! The car comes to a complete stop and starts again on it's own...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congrats! I see you are from Ontario. I also just picked one up last week in the same trim level as yours. Please tell me you didn't get the same red I did! The adaptive cruise control is absolutely amazing. In fact it's almost spooky! The car comes to a complete stop and starts again on it's own...
They don't start again on there own in the US. Are you sure about that?

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
15 Posts
They don't start again on there own in the US. Are you sure about that?
Actually that's a good point. If the vehicle in front is detected as stopped for more than one second, you will have to take one of several actions for your car to go again. I flick the resume switch. If it just stops for a very short time, it will get going again. I'm really new to this system but that seems to be how it works. It takes a huge amount of self-control to allow your car that much autonomy! I feel like when I was teaching the kids to drive...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
258 Posts
Having a 'hands off' or actually 'feet off' experience with the Adaptive Cruise coming gently to a stop is spooky but fun. When the car in front starts up again, the Forester displays "the car in front has moved. Do you want to resume?" Tap Resume and it gracefully accelerates back up to speed again. There's even a preference setting for how aggressively you want to accelerate back up again.

The other day, just for fun I followed a truck that slowed and turned onto a cross street while I had AC going. Slowed down nicely from 50 mph to 15 mph and tracked the truck right through the turn and kept pace as he went back up to 50 mph again.

·
Registered
2019 Convenience / EyeSight CVT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Firefly. You are safe, I went with the Crystal White.
Here's a chuckle. I had to return to the dealer to set the car clock. Me and a friend couldn't do it with the instructions.
You folks have really got me curious about the adaptive cruise control. Got to do some non-rush hour driving and experience it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts