Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the first to purchase these during the group buy, but I sold them due to the fact I lost my car in an accident. I ended up with another SF and have finally received my H-techs I have repurchased from Andy at HPautoworks.com. They finally showed up after a long wait. Since this is the only real forester specific suspension upgrade I think it was well worth the wait and the $$.

I would like to know what the folks that have installed these think of them? Shouls I use the stock shocks or upgrade to GR-2's? Pictures anyone?

Thanks,

-Dave

If anyone is wondering where to order these try Andy at HPautoworks. I just tried his webpage and it wasn't working to well for me so I included his email address below. I'm not affiliated with the seller, it just seems like the only place to get these in the USA.

www.hpautoworks.com
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2009 Fozzie XT Ltd 4EAT
553 Posts
hey man, I ran those h techs you sold me on stock struts for awhile, but then ended up going with KYBs, which I like better.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My struts feel pretty good, I think the S may have come with "heavy duty struts" as one of the features, but I'm not sure. I wonder if Roo would know? Maybe these would be better for the Tiens. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the springs I sold you Philistine.

So do these drop the forester as specified, about 1"?

How is the ride quality as compared to stock? Much stiffer? Do bumps now make loud bangs in the car?

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Cheezy said:
My struts feel pretty good, I think the S may have come with "heavy duty struts" as one of the features, but I'm not sure. I wonder if Roo would know? Maybe these would be better for the Tiens. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the springs I sold you Philistine.

So do these drop the forester as specified, about 1"?

How is the ride quality as compared to stock? Much stiffer? Do bumps now make loud bangs in the car?
Unfortunately I did not take any measurements when my friend and I put them on but I'd say, as advertised, it's between 1"-1.5" all around. The front does seem to sit a little higher than the rear, fender gap wise. Ride quality is great on these springs. No loud bangs inside the car at all, just watch out for big pot holes and bumps. My rear mudflaps scrape constantly pulling into my driveway (probably could use a bit more gravel). But other than the obvious potholes and bumps, the ride is nice. If anything, I'd say on smooth roads the ride is more comfortable than stock (the tein box from japan also said "luxury master" on it, FWIW). The progressive nature of the rear springs also is nice when the corners start getting interesting ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts