Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 forester xt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

We just got a new forester 2010 xt premium and have noticed when we get to around 2500 rpm we hear a ticking sound from the engine it gets louder when the car is cold and when going up a hill if we let it cost at around 2500 it makes the sound constantly.

We had it checked out at the dealer and they said its a normal sound ? so just wanted to check with you guys, im worried that they are trying to brush us off and dont want to fix it, im thinking we have a noisy turbo can i get some feedback from guys in the know.

does the the turbo make a ticking sound if you cost at around 2500 rpm ?

Thanks in advance

Ben

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Ben, if your car is perfoming OK, my first guess would be normal waste gate sound from your turbo. I am sure more people will chime in.

Charlie

·
Registered
2010 forester xt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Ben, if your car is perfoming OK, my first guess would be normal waste gate sound from your turbo. I am sure more people will chime in.

Charlie
Thanks for reply, yea it dosent seem to affect the feel of the car at all just makes engine sound unhealthy.

·
Registered
2010 forester xt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Search wastegate flutter.
I did a quick search and didnt find anything that helps me out ?

Is this wastegate flutter ? and is that something that needs fixing ? and if so how they seem to deem it normal i want to know if i should kick up a stink about it ? they might be being lazy and not wanting to try to fix it :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts