Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Thule Snowcat from my older car. It's the one that attaches
directly to the side rails, given that it fits properly on to it. The side rails from my older car is definitely way thicker and rounder than the '10 Forester 2.5 X factory side rails. According to the Thule Fit Guide, this setup is actually not compatible, however I'm still going to test it out
just to see it for myself.

Most likely, it will not work as expected, therefore, I'm also considering other options...

1) OEM crossbars with Thule Universal Pull/Flat Top
2) Thule Rapid Crossroad with bar & Thule Universal Pull/Flat Top
3) OEM crossbars with Yakima snowboard carrier (idk the name of it)

Lastly, do you think that the Thule Universal Pull/Flat Top (6 skis/4 boards) plus the Thule Universal Snowboard carrier will fit together? I just wanted to see if I could probly fit about 6 boards on my roof.

Let me know if you have other suggetions. Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 WRX
40 Posts
We had the SnowCat on the Forester and it worked fine. I don't think there is any difference between the 09 and 10 side rails either.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had the SnowCat on the Forester and it worked fine. I don't think there is any difference between the 09 and 10 side rails either.
Yah I don't think there's a difference between the year models as well. I actually did see pictures of Foresters with SnowCat and fitted perfectly. So I guess I'm go try it out.

But let's just say I wanna change it a lil bit, can I combine the Universal Pull/Flat Top (6 skis/4boards) with the Universal Snowboard Carrier? I can probly fit 6-8 boards in total with this setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts