Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right spot??

I pulled the racks off as soon as I picked up my car and haven't used them since. I put them back on today to load a rooftop tent up, no dramas. Right?

Nah....the racks will still happily slide from left to right, and I don't know how to stop it. THis is what I've got.....how do I stop them sliding?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
I hope this is the right spot??

I pulled the racks off as soon as I picked up my car and haven't used them since. I put them back on today to load a rooftop tent up, no dramas. Right?

Nah....the racks will still happily slide from left to right, and I don't know how to stop it. THis is what I've got.....how do I stop them sliding?
That the kind that has a rubber covered steel band that goes under the rail to hold it on? If so, use your key to unlock the end cap, pull out the end cap, the end cap should have a hex wrench built right into it. Look inside the end of the pod where the end cap goes and look for a hex bolt, use the endcap/wrench to tighten the rubber covered steel band on the rail. Snugly, but not too tight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts