Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2019 Forester Sport
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planned to carry a full size spare on the roof of my 2019 Sport, but then realized that the darned full-size spare fits in the spare tire well (facepalm). So, I'd like to sell the Thule Aero Crossbars and the Thule Canyon XT roof basket with extension that I purchased. Ideally, I'd like to sell them as a set, but if they need to go separately, then I can work it out. Both the crossbars and roof basket are approximately two months old--all purchased in January--and practically new (just a little dirty). One caveat is that the only mounting hardware I have left for the roof basket is the T-bolts, which work perfectly with the aeroblade crossbars. If you were to mount the basket onto crossbars without a T-bolt slide, then you'd need to pick up the mounting hardware (it's four big U-shaped mounts). That's why I'd love to sell both the aeroblade corssbars and the basket together, since they work perfectly together.

I paid $350 for the roof basket, $200 for the extension, $200 for the crossbars, and another $200 for the crossbar raised rail mounts. Additionally, I have all the locking mechanisms, as well as the keys, of course, which total an additional $100. That comes to $1050 that I paid for this set up, but I will be happy to let it go for $740, OBO. I am located in Denver, and I don't think that shipping would be an option. Let me know if you're interested!

· Registered
11 Posts
Wow, nice setup! Can you tell me how this basket behaves on the highway? I’d be down for a road trip to pick it up!
Also I’m not sure I understand why the T-bolts are a caveat? Sounds like a good thing unless you are saying that you are holding some parts back?

· Registered
2019 Forester Sport
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! On the highway the basket generates some wind noise, but nothing beyond that. With the moonroof and sun visor closed it’s fairly imperceptible to me—just sounds like a slight crosswind. T-bolts are not really a caveat, I guess. It’s the missing other mounting hardware for different crossbars that is the caveat haha. You’re right though, the T-bolt set up is far superior to the alternative U-bolt set up, which is why I tossed the other hardware and kept only the Ts. The entire set up together is really awesome. I’m definitely not holding any parts back :) If you’re interested in coming to pick it up, I’ll throw in the Yakima spare tire carrier for free. Where would you be coming from?

· Registered
2019 Forester Sport
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

I have exactly the same setup and am wondering if the yakima carrier has to be changed to be able to be used?
Hi! Yeah it does for it to be secure. The little “U” shaped fasteners that the carrier comes with are too short to secure around the bars and then be bolted to the carrier plate. Luckily there’s a simple remedy and you can get some slightly bigger ones at Home Depot for a couple bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.