Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 04 FXT but I feel that the pedal is very stiff and needs lots of weigh to move towards the floor. My old 98 with DBC was much easier to push in, and my Lancer with DBW is also way smoother.

Is there anything I can look into ?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
43,782 Posts
My error, I was thinking '05 was the first year for ETC... DBW. I forgot all XT are DBW! Starting in '05 all models are DBW.

Okay, then the resistance is in the throttle pedal assembly. I feel no difference between my son's '03 X, which is cable controlled throttle to my '07 FSXT with is ECT.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Throttle pedal is kind of hard to push (DBW Forester XT 2004)

Boy that was way easier than I expected! I only had to remove one of the two springs (the left one) on the pedal and everything just became butter smooth. The pedal comes back up fast enough. This can easily be done with the pedal installed

·
Registered
2003 SG Forester XS
6 Posts
Throttle pedal is kind of hard to push (DBW Forester XT 2004)

Boy that was way easier than I expected! I only had to remove one of the two springs (the left one) on the pedal and everything just became butter smooth. The pedal comes back up fast enough. This can easily be done with the pedal installed

Old thread i know, but does anyone know the part number for this accel pedal assembly? doing an engine swap and would much prefer a metal bracket etc over the plastic which is all i can find. If not, i might find a way to adapt the legacy pedal i have

edit: for a right hand drive car

thanks!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
43,782 Posts
@Adrian F please complete your "Public Profile - add your vehicle details!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.