Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was crusing around 75MPH when it happened. I've had the 3" COBB TBE (protune) on for a few months. It's a little cooler than usual this morning 42F. But that's relative to SF Bay. :lol:

Read and cleared it with the AP.

Has anyone have the same TBE but running a COBB "shelf" Stage-2 map ever experienced this CEL? It's not a big deal since it's easy to clear and does change the car's performance. It would bug me if it went into "limp mode" but it doesn't.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Northwest Tan said:
I was crusing around 75MPH when it happened. I've had the 3" COBB TBE (protune) on for a few months. It's a little cooler than usual this morning 42F. But that's relative to SF Bay. :lol:

Read and cleared it with the AP.

Has anyone have the same TBE but running a COBB "shelf" Stage-2 map ever experienced this CEL? It's not a big deal since it's easy to clear and does change the car's performance. It would bug me if it went into "limp mode" but it doesn't.
You might have an older revision of their stage 2 map...

I would get p0420s on stage 2 for a while... then they fixed it to supress it...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Northwest Tan said:
I'm currently running a Protune map. Thanks for the info on the fix with the newer "shelf" stage 2 map.
no problem...

the protune map might have started off as a shelf map that was tweaked for you...

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Do you have a Cat? You probably shouldn't get that if you have a cat. Or maybe it's time for a mechanical fix.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ZuMBLe said:
Do you have a Cat? You probably shouldn't get that if you have a cat. Or maybe it's time for a mechanical fix.
The DP has a cat but I've read about problems with the lack of heatshielding preventing the cat from working properly. This could explain why the P0420 hasn't shown up until the recent cooler weather.

If Moose keeps throwing this CEL, I might try the mechanical fix since the pill might show up as a faulty sensor during the smog check.

F

·
0 Posts
Northwest Tan said:
I'm currently running a Protune map. Thanks for the info on the fix with the newer "shelf" stage 2 map.
What performance difference did you see with a protune over stage 2? I assume you have the stock turbo still?

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Don't bother with the electrical fix. It will show up as a sensor not ready. You should just have the protuner turn that CEL off. I have a mechanical fix installed but I also have that code turned off in the map along with the EGT probe cel.

Northwest Tan said:
If Moose keeps throwing this CEL, I might try the mechanical fix since the pill might show up as a faulty sensor during the smog check.

F

·
0 Posts
Not bad at all. Looks like you could pick up an additional 10-15 hp with a new upipe. I am still debating on whether or not to protune the stock turbo or do a conservative vf39 tune. I just hate the lack of top end on the stock td04.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FXT said:
Not bad at all. Looks like you could pick up an additional 10-15 hp with a new upipe. I am still debating on whether or not to protune the stock turbo or do a conservative vf39 tune. I just hate the lack of top end on the stock td04.
While the up-pipe is a legal mod for Solo II ESP, I am going to concentrate on tuning my suspension more.

Yeah the TD04 does fall on it's face higher up in the rev's. You can see this on the dyno chart.

*Update to stay on topic* The CEL hasn't come back since the reset.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts