Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a listing that I like. I don't really like the idea of buying a used car sight unseen, and at the very least have been considering hiring something like the lemon squad. What do y'all think about just purchasing without either personally seeing the car, or hiring a service like that, considering the low mileage and CPO status? Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,647 Posts
@sup0man -
And here I thought you could just fly over there... or am I confusing you with the man of steel....
;)
Well, the fact that it is a CPO should mean you have an intact warranty, so it's less than 3 years/36K miles.
This is at a dealership, right? A private party can transfer an existing warranty, but that doesn't make it a CPO.
If it is a private party, Nope. You are already being misinformed.

So if it actually is a CPO dealer sold vehicle and you have a major mechanical problem, that can be fixed at any dealer for free under warranty. Other than inconvenience, there is little risk on covered items.
What it doesn't cover are any wear parts (tires/lights/brakes), aftermarket added accessories (anything not dealer installed or non OEM) and any imperfections in the interior or exterior (stains on the carpet/seats, scratches in the paint or glass),squeaks and rattles, etc.
I'd be hesitant, as any or all of what I mentioned will still qualify the car as a CPO.

As far as not having ANYONE look at the car... I'd vote with @subatron and want to take a look, or have someone trusted do it. You might talk with the dealer and see what they would do if your agent reports that the car turns out not to be as indicated in whatever you looked at (online?)... .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts