Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the first time owner of a forester (06), and I love everything but the seats - overly firm and not seeming dead-on. Is it me ? - Re the New York connection, I'm the short nun who lives in the Bronx

·
Registered
2006 '06 FXT
835 Posts
We love the seats. While not as adjustable as some, and initially a little hard feeling, they are very comfortable on long trips. We routinely take it on 800 mile weekend trips, and find it is no problem. I don't know if there is a difference between the XT and other model seats, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The seats are alright, although not the best.The biggest complaint I have is :where are you supposed to rest your elbows while driving? The armrest on the door is too low and the "thing" in the middle between the seats is useless as an arm rest, extension or not.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thank God for the extension on the armrest.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
dlroto said:
Yeah thank God for the extension on the armrest.
Umm, considering the O.P. is a NUN, I'd think she's thanking him for quite a bit. It's in her nature. :D

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I must have wierd arms because I can rest my arms on the door dealio and the middle console (w/ the extention)

Maybe the SG is different

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Who would i go to,"she said obsessive-compulsively, "to have someone take a look at the seat placement and tell me if it's "normal" or some kind of assembly defect?" dealers tell you "They're all that way...

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
What exactly is it that bothers you? I find them a little wide for my stature with not enough lateral support, but I don't think they're too firm. It just seems like they were designed for people weighing 200+ lbs.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
pleiad7 said:
It just seems like they were designed for people weighing 200+ lbs.
/me raises hand
i just dont like the power movent
just to adjust it
i find it annoying

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the drivers seat doesnt feel dead-on - sort of at a little angel? not much but enuf to feel odd

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
FYI you can adjust the angel of the seat if its sloping one way or another

·
Registered
2006 '06 FXT
835 Posts
sistah said:
"Who would i go to,"she said obsessive-compulsively, "to have someone take a look at the seat placement and tell me if it's "normal" or some kind of assembly defect?" dealers tell you "They're all that way...
Go find one on the dealers lot, and drive it. Or at least sit in it. Is it angled towards the center of the car or away?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts