Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm looking to get a bit more oomph out of my stereo, I've already upgraded the front speakers and the back will be done soon.

I've been looking at sub options, I seem to remember that subaru had one that would slide underneath the passenger seat but I can't find any info on it now. I assume also that it would be expensive.

Anyone come up with an ingeniously quick, easy and cheap solution that I can steal? I put the seats down for transporting bikes at least once or twice a week so a free-standing boot sub is out of the question really, and I did a full stereo and speaker re-wire in my old car and I really cant be arsed to do it again in this one!

Cheers,

Tom.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
The OEM under seat sub is pretty weak sauce. I am actually installing a sub on saturday in my SF. The amp is going under the seat and the box will go in the cargo area for now.

After I move I am building a fake floor in back and an enclosure to use the space formed by the upside down spare.

I am also a biker and an avid camper so space is important to me also. I will be getting a hitch installed this spring to take car of the bike problem though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Tom,

I have just dynamated my SF and added a set of 6.5 components at the front and 5inch coax at the rear and there is a definite improvement in sound quality - I have ordered the twin 8inch sub kit from sea-scooby and will be fitting this as soon as it arrives.

I will leave feedback once fitted

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
755 Posts
i have a huge CVR12 in the back of my sf and an amp under the driver seat, but before i got the 12, i had a 6" kicker mounted in one of the side pokets in the back im sure you could fit an 8" or dual 6" one in each pocket.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
I have an Alpine under-seat sub... Very happy with it thb - not too OTT nut enough to fill out the sound nicely. I seem to remember it being around £100 quid or so.

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers for the tips guys, apart from the s-turbo ones :mob:

think that the sub in the spare tyre well is the way forward, had totally forgotten that i had commented on the original post though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts